Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: favourite racetrack

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer

favourite racetrack

similar to the thread about the number of racecourses been to - I had my first trip to Omakau yesterday and what a real neat track - the number of people picnicking under the trees would have made it impossible to estimate the numbers on course but large queues at the totes all day.

I'll be back there for sure.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Windor, up close to the action and won on the slots.

triplev123
    Menangle. That long stretch sorts the wheat from the chaff.

Senior Member Colt Phoenix will become famous soon enough Phoenix's Avatar
    Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    moonee valley - great races run down there.. albion park ... was into the qld scene big time in the 90's. gold coast - best overall: 1000m track, picturesque etc.

Junior Member Weanling Mardy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Mental Health Worker
    Personally MY fave track is Addington...i guess being a born and bred Cantabrian helps that.So would absolutely LOVE it when one of our syndicate horses manages to get a win at the home of harness racing.

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardy View Post
    Personally MY fave track is Addington...i guess being a born and bred Cantabrian helps that.So would absolutely LOVE it when one of our syndicate horses manages to get a win at the home of harness racing.
    There is a challenge for our trainers then Mardy

Junior Member Weanling Mardy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Mental Health Worker
    Indeed it is Neil...if we manage to get a win their...for me,it will be like winning the Nz Cup..even if it's a maiden race.

nat
    The most picturesque to watch on TV is that Kiwi track by the sea (it's name escapes me) my favorite tracks to go and watch live racing are Melton, Globe Derby, Bendigo, Shepparton and Echuca
    Last edited by nat; 01-04-2011 at 12:07 AM.

Member Filly peacheymagic will become famous soon enough peacheymagic's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    You would be thinking of Kaikoura Nat and what a cracker track it is. Only raced on once a year but every year there is a massive attendance and some great racing with the Kaikoura Cup a last ditch attempt for many horses to make the NZ cup and the weather usually plays its part as well. I would have to say Kaikoura would be my favourite track just because it is so unique, the crowd is so close to the horses, the stables are right next to the track, the water is a stones throw away and their is always great seafood on offer!

Member Filly eljay will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lloyd Jury
    Occupation
    Retired
    Alexandra Park was always a great track for great racing - pity they now neglecting their patrons with such innovations as parking cars where people used to (and would still if they could) watch the action blocking the view of the horses thundering to the finishing post. Sure, you can move to an area where viewing is relatively unobstructive but to me that's not the point. Another annoying feature of "The Park" these days, especially when there is a day meeting being held, is the convoy of delivery vehicles in front of the viewing area either blocking views or revving their engines when a race (commentary) is in progress. No wonder people have given up attending.

+ Reply to Thread