+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: favourite racetrack

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    the major clubs are really letting down the regular attenders eljay. The are focussed on the almighty dollar - which they will tell us is needed to keep the industry going - but half the attendees at the fun raiser dinners at Addington wouldn't even know there was a race meeting on. Perhaps they could just have the fake races and funny money betting on them.

Senior Member Colt Phoenix will become famous soon enough Phoenix's Avatar
    Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    or maybe they can have the races beamed live onto screens inside and with betting on them until some people realise "geez, these races are here at this track".

Junior Member Weanling Mardy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Mental Health Worker
    Quote Originally Posted by peacheymagic View Post
    You would be thinking of Kaikoura Nat and what a cracker track it is. Only raced on once a year but every year there is a massive attendance and some great racing with the Kaikoura Cup a last ditch attempt for many horses to make the NZ cup and the weather usually plays its part as well. I would have to say Kaikoura would be my favourite track just because it is so unique, the crowd is so close to the horses, the stables are right next to the track, the water is a stones throw away and their is always great seafood on offer!
    Yea Kaikoura is an amazing track....the scenary is absolutely breathtaking.Am lucky that living in Blenheim,it's Anniversary day here so there's not too many years that pass that i don't get down their.If anyone hasn't been to South Bay Raceway...then it definitely has to be on your list of things to do...you won't regret it,trust me.

Junior Member Weanling Brando will become famous soon enough Brando's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Alexander Park for sure

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Yes South Bay is unique and always has a great atmosphere every year. Most rural tracks have their own particular uniqueness - Omakau, as you said Neil is another great annual track to be at. As is Roxbrough with the closeness to the racing (as with yesterday when the water cart went around the spectators got wet). Wyndham with its well manicured golf course and sheep grazing in the centre. Methven when the snow is low on the alps. Buy my favourite track of all time was Harold Park.

Senior Member Colt Phoenix will become famous soon enough Phoenix's Avatar
    Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    hahahahah lol @ water cart wetting the spectators....

That's something the NSWHRC could do at Menangle as it gets pretty hot there in the summer... Same goes for Penrith.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 01-05-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Member Filly peacheymagic will become famous soon enough peacheymagic's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Yeah Methven is another great track with a relaxed atmosphere and nice views. Its great for families plenty of space for kids to run around and kick a ball etc can take the bbq and enjoy the day.

+ Reply to Thread