Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: the site's for all???

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Read the message it said he never left a post nothing about being a member.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Banned Yearling zipzap will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Larry Watson
    Occupation
    Resting
    Horses
    fast ones
    Most people have a email address with a internet provider with their name like "billybloggs@bigpond.com" maybe a way is to only accept members with a genuine email address and not Hotmail,Gmail,Yahoo or any free ones.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by zipzap View Post
    Most people have a email address with a internet provider with their name like "billybloggs@bigpond.com" maybe a way is to only accept members with a genuine email address and not Hotmail,Gmail,Yahoo or any free ones.
    Good idea, but that would see me DQed. Hotmail account for me.

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    Sorry for the late reply to this, I've been in transit from the States and whilst there wasn't able to moderate as much as I would have liked.

A few points:

As somebody alluded to, yes it's often the troublemakers that complain the most (not always but they are pretty vocal and use colourful language). They also don't take kindly to their posts being moderated, or being banned etc, which often means mods spend time explaining things they shouldn't need to if the member had simply read and abided by the rules.

I'd love to implement iris and fingerprint scanning, that would probably solve all the problems but I doubt too many would be keen to sign up, and we need to strike a balance between member numbers and decent conversation. As a compromise, I think we need to go further then real names and implement mandatory Facebook connect (reg through Facebook) for new members. Unfortunately the tech that can implement this is out of action until later this month so we'll have to hold off on that until then.

Requiring proper emails (e.g not allowing hotmail etc) apparently does work pretty well, but I've never been a fan. I have quite a few email accounts myself, but the only free account (gmail) is the one I use the most and that's probably true of a fair few other members on here. I think Facebook login would be more robust, even if it's harder to get going and requires a couple more hoops to jump through.

As a whole 95% posts and people on here are very good. It's just a shame that 5% sour the experience for everyone else, and we will work to fix this.
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    I believe some of the post's on here recently about Luke McCarthy are bordering on slander with allegation's of corruption through the use of some help (juicing up )also make the forum administrator's liable as well. With Facebook anyone can make up a dummy account the only way to weed out troublemaker's is to monitor isp addresses. Isp addresses can be used to find out real name's as well. Complaint's can be forwarded to their service provider informing of improper use ie slanderous remark's,accusation's etc .
    If a post is deleted the moderator's shouldn't have to explain why it was deleted just send them a message READ THE RULE'S .I also agree with the using of the proper email ac name for signing up after all what have you got to hide by providing it to the Forum Admin,those who don't supply don't let join. Just A thought.
    Last edited by Greg Hando; 01-10-2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Added Text

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    Thanks Greg, will take that into account.
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Read the message it said he never left a post nothing about being a member.
    What is with the attitude "read the message". I know it said nothing about being a member that is why I was asking!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was trying to determine whether the real Ron has the ID 'HarnessTragic' and someone was using it (a worry if others can access your log in) or whether someone had pretended to be him using the ID of Harness Tragic.

Is it ok for me to ask questions Mr Hando Sir
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Kevin
    Ron told me someone was using his e-mail address and his not sure how they got it.

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    No need to get shitty Messenger was just answering your question and there was no attitude in it at all from my end.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    No need to get shitty Messenger was just answering your question and there was no attitude in it at all from my end.
    Fair enough. I live with a schoolteacher and you sure as hell sounded just like her. Next time I will start with the long version so that you understand the point I was making
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread