Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Yearling Sale's

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Off to Melbourne for the Premium sale, Hunter Cup and the sunday sale and i would like to wish all the vendors the very best of luck over the wkend.

Senior Member Colt LisaB25 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lisa Bendotti
    Horses
    Hillview Aussie, Choccy Mac
    australasian sale
    42 - kazzacan
    49 -gotta go artelect
    71 - jet black shadow
    109 - caribbean blue

New Zealand premier
    28 - code cracker
    107 - charlotte grace

Junior Member Weanling mo cushla will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    stuart watt
    Occupation
    Breeder
    I hope you are all good judges. I bought Lot 44 at the APG Premium sale. A nice filly.

Senior Member Colt LisaB25 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lisa Bendotti
    Horses
    Hillview Aussie, Choccy Mac
    nice filly. Good luck with her

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by mo cushla View Post
    I hope you are all good judges. I bought Lot 44 at the APG Premium sale. A nice filly.
    Hi Stuart

Very nice family and it was one of my picks but after looking at her and having a couple of people inspect her for me i was advised not to bid . I wish you all the best and i hope she win's many race's for you. I liked the Bettor's filly out of Innocent Eye's and i bidded on her but it just went over my price range.
    Last edited by mango; 02-04-2012 at 09:23 AM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    What was wrong with her mango ?
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Obviously the Melbourne Premium Sale is the only sale worth looking at....

Lot14: Promise - Art Major. It's always a good thing when the sales book doesn't get to the second dame. More importantly though, the cross worked before with Art Majors lessor performed brother resulting in Sir Galvinator. 2yo full brother' Truman' yet to race but I will keep my eye on him too. Some may criticise based on age of mare.

Lot 32: Counterfeit Girl - Art Major. You've heard this before, anything Perfect Art can do Art Major can do better!

Lot 40: Gold Sarn - Art Major. This would have been in no matter the sire - I don't actually have an Art Major obsession. Although not the best performed and I wouldn't expect this lot in manys top5s I loved watching Pyrites, Fususi and now Shake It Mama strutt their stuff. This is the first colt, all his elders siblings are fillies so will be interesting to see how he goes.

Sydey Premium Sale

Lot 292 Kalypso - Art Major. Again, this would have been in here just for the mare, sire had no bearing. Again, I've loved watching the previous progeny in action and they are actually better performed than the Gold Sarn progeny.

Lot 277 Left for Me - Art Major. I thought I would make it an Art Major clean sweep. Full sister to For A Reason and Lettucereason says it all. Would have to send it to McCarthy though!

I don't really have an Art Major bias, just panned out that way.
    Plenty of nice young blood out there.
    Lot14: $50,000
    Lot32: $62,500
    Lot40: $30,000

A $4,500 increase, or 16% in average prices at the APG Premium, hopefully this trend continues for the breeders throughtout the whole lot of the sales.

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Stuart

Very nice family and it was one of my picks but after looking at her and having a couple of people inspect her for me i was advised not to bid . I wish you all the best and i hope she win's many race's for you. I liked the Bettor's filly out of Innocent Eye's and i bidded on her but it just went over my price range.
    Looks nice enough in the photo, but the mare is a 100 yrs old and statistically the chances of getting a good one out of an old mare is significantly reduced. If your buying for her pedigree then that's a different story I guess.

I thought the Christian Cullen - Muscle Beach Colt was the pick of the boys and Bettors Delight - Innocent Eyes filly the pick of the girls from the photo's on the web.
    Last edited by Mitch; 02-04-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Looks nice enough in the photo, but the mare is a 100 yrs old and statistically the chances of getting a good one out of an old mare is significantly reduced. If your buying for her pedigree then that's a different story I guess.

I thought the Christian Cullen - Muscle Beach Colt was the pick of the boys and Bettors Delight - Innocent Eyes filly the pick of the girls from the photo's on the web.
    Hi Mitch,

Where do such statistics come from?

Cheers

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Hi Mitch,

Where do such statistics come from?

Cheers
    Brenno,

I don't a have report for you or anything like that, but I guarantee you if you go and do the research you will see I am proven correct. It is even more prevalent in the thoroughbreds, first 4 foals of a mare is where you get the best result.

I'll see if I can find something on the net to share...

Mitch.

+ Reply to Thread