Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Disqualified persons

Banned Yearling Trotter is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Brendan Jones

Disqualified persons

I currently am aware of a number of disqualified people out there and unlicensed people working horses, this annoys me when HRNSW is under so much scrutiny with the scandal etc. If some one was too report them and they are found out what is likely outcome??
    Regards

aussiebreno
    Gaita got a further ban IIRC. I'm sure somebody will know either way though.

Real Name
    Brendan Jones
    1 bloke I know of is on the un paid forfeits list but is training horses. Imfind this completely unfair as there are many of us trying too do the right thing and all this garbage is going on

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    I hear you Brendan, but unpaid forfeits list is very different to being disqualified.

Real Name
    Brendan Jones
    Yea true but still unlicensed shits me

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    I hear you Brendan, but unpaid forfeits list is very different to being disqualified.
    Actually it is exactly the same.

295. (1) The provisions of this rule apply to or with reference to a person named in the list, or in the equivalent list of a recognised harness racing authority as someone owing arrears, fees, charges or other amounts.

(2) The person named in the list shall be subject to the same disabilities and penalties as are declared by Rule 259 to apply to persons who are disqualified.

Real Name
    Brendan Jones
    And what if there just plain unlicensed bill?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Ring the stewards and put them in then.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Trotter View Post
    And what if there just plain unlicensed bill?

The rules are a bit vague in relation to that, I know that sounds stupid, if you own the horse and it is umnamed I am pretty sure you can work it.

In NSW a horse has to be with a licensed trainer for I think 28 days before it can be entered, best advice has already been given if you know an unlicensed person is training a horse that is racing put them in but be sure you are right because it is lot of work if you are wrong and the person is not breaching any rules.

triplev123
    It's not good anything like that is happening Brendan but nevertheless, things have sure improved over the years.
    Way back when the NSW Harness Racing Authority was still in place there was a bloke who had been given Life that had changed his name via Deed Poll and was racing horses with a Sydney based Trainer.
    The person in charge of the NSW Harness Racing Authority at the time became aware of it but he was about as tough as the skin on a baked custard and point blank didn't want to/refused to do anything about it because quote "It risks violating privacy laws". Can you believe that? What a steaming load of old Bollocks.
    Anyway, not so many years later on the person was identified on course at HP by an alert official, he was duly stopped and asked for ID and because the ID was in a different name they didn't/couldn't do anything about it.

+ Reply to Thread