Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality Check For the McCarthy Paranoia!!!

Banned Yearling candykisses will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    cassie dodds
    Occupation
    stablehand
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Eric did you miss this bit of my post...
    "Well in October i lost $1,121.50
    In November i lost $1,222.50
    in December i WON $1,790"

See December in comparison to Oct/Nov!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes he had a great Dec as your individual stats show.
    MY STATS, Eric, are based over about 14 weeks starting OCT1st to pretty much yesterday, in fact they dont even include yesterday which was a LM FREE day, so my stats should be watered down even more.
    To compare my 14 week stats to your 4 weeks stats is not a true indication of his effect. And so NO i have in no way attempted to make anything look better or worse than what it is. When i started my "attempt to become a millionaire" i didnt know what the stats were going to say, i may have come up $3k in front and if i did i would be pulling my money out today to have a punt, but over 14 or so weeks on MY EXAMPLE they didnt.
    Now, i am not a professional punter and i am not doing this to say my example is right by any means, there are millions of combinations anyone could try, mine was 1 out of a million simple as that. I am happy for anyone to show us all how to make money of this winning percentage, please step up, maybe we could all pool our money and all get rich at the same time?
    My attempt was to try and appease this seemingly hysteria rippling thru the tracks about LM and that and as young Cassie put it, "not even the Fitzpatricks, Turnbulls etc can compete!"
    Well again look at this "LM had horses in 53 races...thats about 19%
    That means 81% of NSW races are LM FREE !!!!!!! "

Also people, consider these 2 horses who have helped Lukes stats, Franco Jamar and Buckeye Nation.
    I consider Jamar to not really be Lukes horse. He is a NZ horse, trained there and he came to Aus to stay a while...he may come back to Luke but i dont consider he is a long term
    entity in Aus, i stand to be corrected but i hope u get where i am coming from, anyway that horse pumped his stats by 7 WINS, take 7 wins away and that is very effective.
    Buckeye has won 3 recently and thats because Luke had the foresight to go search and choose a horse he felt could win him races over here from the US. Good luck to him well done for thinkin outside the square, now yes i know this takes money, but surely some other NSW stables could collate some owners and attempt to do the same. There is a great new Menangle track, there is great money now on offer, seriously whats stopping them, put your nuts on the table and have a go!
    Combine Jamar and Buck, theres 10 wins. Take out 10? thats a lot...
    Hi Ash

I think the whole idea of you doing the statistics is probably a little pointless as I don't think anyone is under any doubt that Luke is NOT dominating the races he contest.
    I think that every one on here from his greatest supporter to his most fierce critic agrees on that.
    To include all races in NSW in a sample when he only contested 53 of them is a poor system ( why stop at NSW you could have included all of australia and NZ as well to water down his stats) You can only use the races he contest to get a true result of his succes. ( but seem as you used that method here's another way to look at those figures ,he only contested 19% of all races in NSW but won 9% of them" holy crap" as you would say)

As I pointed out in another post to you ,if you have the same wager on every one of his starters even if he wins 6 or 7 out of 10 races you will end up behind because the majority of his winners are short prices , $1.10 or $1.30 etc , so to use your punting theory to try and prove his not really winning that many races is desperate

I note as of today for the month of Jan Luke has had 9 wins from 13 races he has contested including the race his horse got knocked down and ran 4th. about 70%

I think Domination is a reasonable description

I wonder if all the members that congratulated you on your wonderful stat's will show me the same courtesy , I wont hold my breath

CHEERS CASSIE

Stop Press------------ 0 from 3 Today is that a form slump?
    Last edited by candykisses; 01-10-2012 at 08:49 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by candykisses View Post
    Hi Ash

I think the whole idea of you doing the statistics is probably a little pointless as I don't think anyone is under any doubt that Luke is NOT dominating the races he contest.
    I think that every one on here from his greatest supporter to his most fierce critic agrees on that.
    To include all races in NSW in a sample when he only contested 53 of them is a poor system ( why stop at NSW you could have included all of australia and NZ as well to water down his stats) You can only use the races he contest to get a true result of his succes. ( but seem as you used that method here's another way to look at those figures ,he only contested 19% of all races in NSW but won 9% of them" holy crap" as you would say)

MAORISIDOL,
    May i repeat this Cassie,
    "Now, i am not a professional punter and i am not doing this to say my example is right by any means, there are millions of combinations anyone could try, mine was 1 out of a million simple as that. I am happy for anyone to show us all how to make money of this winning percentage, please step up, maybe we could all pool our money and all get rich at the same time?
    My attempt was to try and appease this seemingly hysteria rippling thru the tracks about LM and that and as young Cassie put it, "not even the Fitzpatricks, Turnbulls etc can compete!"
    Well again look at this "LM had horses in 53 races...thats about 19%
    That means 81% of NSW races are LM FREE !!!!!!! "
    Cassie the thing i got from many posts including yours was that the whole industry is under attack from the Mac!!!
    All of NSW is petrified in their boots down to Maitland and the worried people getting around raising their eyebrows and shaking their heads in shock horror of this total domination. Of course he is being very very successful and dominating at times but as stated before by Craig Fritz in the "Dominatin" thread, his reply to u, post 47 explains things beautifully, u didnt quite give your verdict on that post???

Its funny, what Trainer doesnt want a winner? What Trainer wouldnt like to make good money from the trots by getting lots of winners? but when someone achieves that, its not right according to so many people, as Craig said Tall Poppy Syndrome...

As I pointed out in another post to you ,if you have the same wager on every one of his starters even if he wins 6 or 7 out of 10 races you will end up behind because the majority of his winners are short prices , $1.10 or $1.30 etc , so to use your punting theory to try and prove his not really winning that many races is desperate

I note as of today for the month of Jan Luke has had 9 wins from 13 races he has contested including the race his horse got knocked down and ran 4th. about 70%
    MI.
    Cassie u can give stats based on 1 race and give him 100% if its his first starter for the day and it wins, i tried to get a BIGGER picture over 14 or so weeks.

I think Domination is a reasonable description

I wonder if all the members that congratulated you on your wonderful stat's will show me the same courtesy , I wont hold my breath

CHEERS CASSIE
    As Aussiebrenno has stated in Vic Kerryn Manning apparently has a 33% winning record, why arent Victorians shaking their heads about that?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Stop Press------------ 0 from 2 so far Today is that a form slump?[/QUOTE]

NEW STATISTIC....

Luke is now one of NSW most UNSUCCESSFUL Trainers...

hip hip hooray! we can all now finish talking about him.......
    Last edited by Maorisidol; 01-10-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: added the hip hip hooray

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    OMG , Luke McCarthy had three runners today and didn't have a winner!!!!!! How could this happen?? Is the world coming to an end ? Where are all the green-eyed LM haters and conspiracy theorist tonight? Probably working out which of their "identities" they will be using in the forums tonight.

Eight races and eight different winning trainers , there must definitely be something very underhanded and suspicious going on here.

Let's see , Luke had three starters , no winners , that makes 0% winners for the day. There were a lot of other trainers who finished the day with the same zero win percentage. Spooky!!
    Last edited by David Summers; 01-10-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Member Gelding Itisi will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mick Tobias
    Quote Originally Posted by David Summers View Post
    OMG , Luke McCarthy had three runners today and didn't have a winner!!!!!! How could this happen?? Is the world coming to an end ? Where are all the green-eyed LM haters and conspiracy theorist tonight? Probably working out which of their "identities" they will be using in the forums tonight.

Eight races and eight different winning trainers , there must definitely be something very underhanded and suspicious going on

Let's see , Luke had three starters , no winners , that makes 0% winners for the day. There were a lot of other trainers who finished the day with the same zero win percentage. Spooky!!
    the cheek of the fella, not running on their merits now.

Banned Colt Old Frank will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Good interview on Trots TV with Luke McCarthy.

Interesting to note how he mentions he's also put in horse scales at his farm, very professional step in maintaining his horses optium racing weight.

His professionalism, including having sponsors for his team is so far ahead of 99% of trainers it isn't funny!

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    His professionalism, including having sponsors for his team is so far ahead of 99% of trainers it isn't funny!

No he is the length of the menangle straight ahead of 100% of NSW trainer.

Banned Colt Old Frank will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post

No he is the length of the menangle straight ahead of 100% of NSW trainer.

Hahahaha, I know Tiny, I was just trying to play it down!!!

I'm an unabashed McCarthy fan, have been since he was a kid first hitting the scene in Brisbane 10-12yrs ago with his driving. Even as a kid, his driving was superb and his training has just gone on in leaps and bounds.

We all forget how he moulded Slipnslide, Fluer De Lil etc in Brisbane even as a young man and had them winning over $2m between the pair. He's an absolute outstanding horseman and the best thing to happen to the trots in NSW in over 20yrs.

Banned Gelding racefair will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jett Miller
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Frank View Post
    Good interview on Trots TV with Luke McCarthy.

Interesting to note how he mentions he's also put in horse scales at his farm, very professional step in maintaining his horses optium racing weight.

Hi Frank, thanks for the info. I haven't seen the footage yet, however sponsors for his team is a great idea and maybe HRNSW can help other trainers do same.
    As for the scales... this isn't new. And although I know that every inch helps, these things aren't the reason why LM is leaps ahead of any other trainer in history.

Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by racefair View Post
    Hi Frank, thanks for the info. I haven't seen the footage yet, however sponsors for his team is a great idea and maybe HRNSW can help other trainers do same.
    As for the scales... this isn't new. And although I know that every inch helps, these things aren't the reason why LM is leaps ahead of any other trainer in history.
    And exactly why is he "leaps ahead of any other trainer in history" Racefair? Please tell us the reasons you are aware of...

+ Reply to Thread