Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The most disgraceful 'Grand Circuit' field in many a year, if of all time!

Banned Weanling Arnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Arnold Schwarz
    Take the $1.04 if you can get it. It will be $1.00 and $1.00. Should be paying 80c for the dollar bet.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    I suppose another way of looking at it is that it is worth $100,000 and everyone is invited to take part.To me you would be better off racing there than Bendigo (as you will be against a much stronger field and harder to pick up a cheque .)
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
    Take the $1.04 if you can get it. It will be $1.00 and $1.00. Should be paying 80c for the dollar bet.
    A) He's $1.10 with NSW TAB fixed odds.
    B) Most markets don't allow for $1.00 win.
    C) Lol @ 80c.

Banned Colt Old Frank will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post

I suppose another way of looking at it is that it is worth $100,000 and everyone is invited to take part.To me you would be better off racing there than Bendigo (as you will be against a much stronger field and harder to pick up a cheque .)
    To me, with the state of SA racing, why don't they have the race for only $30,000 and then divvy the $70,000 balance among their weekly metro races which they race for absolute peanuts. I'm sure their trainers who race and support their industry week in/week out would appreciate the extra earnings, not just a donation cheque as it appears to be for Lance and Smoken Up.

The week in/week out trainers, plus you might get some 2nd tier VIC horses is still a nice race to win, yet the $70,000 back into their bread and butter serves a far bigger purpose overall in my opinion.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    This one at Melton today is a much better race!!

Happy birthday mate!!

(sons a regular reader on the forum...)
    Attached Images

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker
    I've been overseas for a couple of years. What's the story with Lance Justice. The horse tested positive, lost the Interdominion but is free to continue training ? I've searched around, can't find anything in regards to a penalty ?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Parker View Post
    I've been overseas for a couple of years. What's the story with Lance Justice. The horse tested positive, lost the Interdominion but is free to continue training ? I've searched around, can't find anything in regards to a penalty ?
    Yes FFS a positive test doesn't mean a horse must retire on the spot (getting angry now)
    Penalty was DQ from race and Justice has about $32K in fines. Is appealing I think.

Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Why would the horse be retired ?

The biggest race there is in Harness Racing, the winner gets disqualified and the trainer gets no time for it and is appealing 32K in fines ?

It's a get out of free card. Take it and run.

aussiebreno
    The same reason Raglan shouldnt be in the WA Cup..which is?

Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Raglan shouldn't be in the WA Cup. Hypothetically speaking, if there was news this week that SU tested positive in the VIC Cup he would and should be an automatic scratch for the SA Cup.

If you're not cheating, you're not trying ?

+ Reply to Thread