Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The most disgraceful 'Grand Circuit' field in many a year, if of all time!

triplev123

Thumbs up Happy birthday Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    This one at Melton today is a much better race!!

Happy birthday mate!!

(sons a regular reader on the forum...)

[VVV] Happy Birthday Luke. Make sure your Dad springs for something good. Don't let him get away with socks & singlets and underpants this time around. I reckon an 11th Birthday's got to be worth an I-Pod or some such expensive piece of technology.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Parker View Post
    Raglan shouldn't be in the WA Cup. Hypothetically speaking, if there was news this week that SU tested positive in the VIC Cup he would and should be an automatic scratch for the SA Cup.

If you're not cheating, you're not trying ?
    You've had 8 posts so I'm going to go ahead and presume this is the 8th time I've asked this to you. You have ignored me the previous 7 times but WHY should Raglan be disallowed to compete in the WA Cup? I don't want to hear Raglan is a cheat and shouldn't be in the WA Cup. I want to hear WHY you think that.
    If the drug is out of a horses system by the time of its next race what disadvantage are its rivals at?
    The ID positive for Smoken Up was announced just prior to the Len Smith Mile that Smoken Up ran in and won FYI.

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    You've had 8 posts so I'm going to go ahead and presume this is the 8th time I've asked this to you. You have ignored me the previous 7 times but WHY should Raglan be disallowed to compete in the WA Cup? I don't want to hear Raglan is a cheat and shouldn't be in the WA Cup. I want to hear WHY you think that.
    If the drug is out of a horses system by the time of its next race what disadvantage are its rivals at?
    The ID positive for Smoken Up was announced just prior to the Len Smith Mile that Smoken Up ran in and won FYI.
    The question of whether or not the horse still has arsenic in his system doesn't even come into it. The horse has been found to return a positive swab whilst racing in NSW, a date for the hearing hasn't been set yet, the horse is stood down in NSW until the completion of that enquiry. Under the States agreements here in Australia, a disqualification or stand down in one state is usually applied in every state of Australia. I can't recall any examples of horses competing in one state whilst barred in another, but perhaps we may be enlightened by other posters.
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by strong persuader View Post
    The question of whether or not the horse still has arsenic in his system doesn't even come into it. The horse has been found to return a positive swab whilst racing in NSW, a date for the hearing hasn't been set yet, the horse is stood down in NSW until the completion of that enquiry. Under the States agreements here in Australia, a disqualification or stand down in one state is usually applied in every state of Australia. I can't recall any examples of horses competing in one state whilst barred in another, but perhaps we may be enlightened by other posters.
    Thankyou, for that.
    A reason was all I was after and that's plenty good enough.

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker
    I've only recently returned from the States so I can't speak for the Len Smith. If I were around I would of posted similarly.

"NSWHR has done their part, it's time for the Stewards in WA to do theirs."

I posted that about 5 hours ago.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    [VVV] Happy Birthday Luke. Make sure your Dad springs for something good. Don't let him get away with socks & singlets and underpants this time around. I reckon an 11th Birthday's got to be worth an I-Pod or some such expensive piece of technology.
    Gday Jaimie

U made his day!! Got home after his race last nite, logged in and he saw ya message! Many, many thanks! The lad had a huge day. Made all the betta via HRV staff. They put thing in racebook for him (see file attached) and just blew him away. Way, way too good them!!

No Ipods or the like but just told him bout 2nd half his present. We getting up early tomorrow AM and heading west.... to Globe Derby! He can cheer home Smoken Up but more importantly the Leigh Miles horse (Top Tamba) in the Derby. Mate he freeeeeked!!

Go Us !!!

Thanks gain triple...
    Attached Images

triplev123
    Nice present Paul.
    Look up Dennis Lyle and Jon Kingston-Mayne when you're over there. Good blokes. Ring me and I'll give you their mobile numbers. Not sure if Dennis will be at the races but Jon will definitely be there. He has a few starters on the night including one in the big race against Smoken Up.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Good to see someone as keen as your little bloke he's another one the industry will not lose i hope he has a good time in SA and safe travelling and have a great night .
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Banned Yearling zipzap will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Larry Watson
    Occupation
    Resting
    Horses
    fast ones
    Look at the young bloke with his cheesy smile having a great time at the track, hope he had a great birthday Paul.

triplev123
    He chokes me up a bit you know Paul, in a good way though. It's like looking back in time for me. The reason Nathan & I are involved with horses now is because our Dad & Grandfather & family friends used to take us to the track with them to watch their horses go around. If you take to liking something at an early age often it sticks & never leaves you. Even in my early 40's it does me no end of good to see young fellas his age so keen on the sport. I'm starting to understand what a buzz my Grandfather used to get and that my Dad gets from us being so interested in them too. Both my daughters love going to the races, I think the older one likes the horses more as a fashion accessory but the younger one loves them for what they are, race horse or broodmare, foal or clapped out gelding. I think that she'll stay involved with them as she grows up. For Industry to flourish well into the future I think as participants we all have an implied obligation to give our children and those of our friends some exposure to Harness Racing. Paul, what you're doing with Luke...mate, when we're all long gone and he's a really old bugger sitting on the veranda with a cup of tea and tartan rug over his knees, he'll periodically find himself thinking back over the years and guaranteed, he'll remember it all.

+ Reply to Thread