Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Raglan - positive swabs

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    Noticed it is still in the field and someone on insiderail said was up to Wa stewards and they were going to let it run.

If they do it is just another nail in the coffin of harness racing.The horse didnt give itself the arsenic someone did and to let it race with a positive swab is telling the cheaters keep doing it as we wont act on positives either.
    I'm starting to sound like I am on the side of cheats...but...if (key word IF) the arsenic is out of its system now then there is no reason for it to be disallowed to race imo.
    Penalties will be way of fines/suspensions and race disqualifications (lose prize-money).

A big flaw in the AFL is no sin binning imo. A sin bin (eg Raglan being DQed from Newcasltle Mile) has benefits for the opposing team; ie they will have 1 extra man for 10mins or whatever (or the 2nd place horse now gets 1st place prizemoney). Whereas a tribunal might give the player 2 weeks, that has benefits for future teams (eg future trainers) who had no harm done by them, yet the victim (eg the guy Barry Hall king hit or Hopoate ...erm we all know what Hoppa done!) gets no benefit from it.
    It's not identical comparisons, but there isn't much point disallowing Raglan to start in the WA Cup if arsenic is out of his system imo.

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I'm starting to sound like I am on the side of cheats...but...if (key word IF) the arsenic is out of its system now then there is no reason for it to be disallowed to race imo.
    Penalties will be way of fines/suspensions and race disqualifications (lose prize-money).

A big flaw in the AFL is no sin binning imo. A sin bin (eg Raglan being DQed from Newcasltle Mile) has benefits for the opposing team; ie they will have 1 extra man for 10mins or whatever (or the 2nd place horse now gets 1st place prizemoney). Whereas a tribunal might give the player 2 weeks, that has benefits for future teams (eg future trainers) who had no harm done by them, yet the victim (eg the guy Barry Hall king hit or Hopoate ...erm we all know what Hoppa done!) gets no benefit from it.
    It's not identical comparisons, but there isn't much point disallowing Raglan to start in the WA Cup if arsenic is out of his system imo.
    Seriously Dude ?

It earned a start in the Miracle Mile off it's Newcastle Mile win. Straight into the Victoria Cup (an amazing performance) into the WA Cup. It's tested positive so I'm within my rights to be suspicious of it's entire form here in Australia. It's grown a leg and probably not because of the warmer weather.

If Raglan starts tomorrow night, it's a disgrace.

aussiebreno
    Yes and penalties will be withstanding for the Newcastle Mile, Miracle Mile etc.

If it is free of arsenic (or other banned subtances) in its system come start time of the WA Cup why should it not be allowed to race?

Real Name
    Robert Parker
    You are totally missing the point.

If it was free of a banned substance in the Newcastle Mile does it win it, who knows ?

The Newcastle Mile is a feature thus I suspect the testing goes that step or two further hence possibly the find. The improved performances to earn a Newcastle Mile start, what about those ?

A blight on Harness Racing if it starts tomorrow night.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Parker View Post
    You are totally missing the point.

If it was free of a banned substance in the Newcastle Mile does it win it, who knows ?

The Newcastle Mile is a feature thus I suspect the testing goes that step or two further hence possibly the find. The improved performances to earn a Newcastle Mile start, what about those ?

A blight on Harness Racing if it starts tomorrow night.
    The trainer will get punishment for that i due course thru suspensions/fines etc.
    The testing procedure and how it was found has been mentioned in this thread....

What disadvantage are the competitors at in the WA Cup if he starts?

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    Am I missing something here. The press release says that the Newcastle Mile test was negative. In my opinion it would be against all recent handlings of positive swabs to stand the horse down. Owners have rights to and it was in another era where the horse was also disqualified for a positive swab.

Member Yearling bbd will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Colin Douglass
    Raglan did not fail the swab for the newcastle Mile. It failed a pre-race swab for the MIRACLE MILE.
    The newcastle mile and the subsequent win at menangle were legit.

Real Name
    Robert Parker
    OK, I only read here re the Newcastle Mile. So it only tested positive for a sample taken before the Miracle Mile ?

Oh well that's OK then ... it should be allowed to start.

Seriously ... because the owners have rights ? what about the owners of the emergencies in the Miracle Mile, Vic Cup, WA Cup etc ?

It's an embarrassment to Harness Racing if it starts. NSWHR has done their part, it's time for the Stewards in WA to do theirs.

Real Name
    Robert Parker
    In fact if I owned the 1st Emergency I'd be seeking legal advice.

aussiebreno
    You sure do provide more entertainment than Sunrises David Koch Joke of the Day.

+ Reply to Thread