Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NY Sprint @ Melton Friday night

Senior Member Colt Phoenix will become famous soon enough Phoenix's Avatar
    Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Melpark Major should romp it in Friday night.. Only Cincinatti Kid and Karlsruhe are the other classy runners.. but not in the same form as Melpark Major.

Smoken Up's visit to S.A will ensure Melpark Major starts at around the $1.30 quote...
    well that win last night was incredible... The last half was run in 55.5 which further shows how good MM's run was...

And the 'Kid' did a good job too..

Flashing Red
    Thinking back to Mr Feelgood and the Cranbourne Cup, I wonder if Georgetown's driver got pulled up by the stipes for staying in?

Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    We will have to wait for the stewards' report to be uploaded onto the Aust Harness Racing website...

Will be very interesting to see if MJL gets pinged..

Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    Quote Originally Posted by peacheymagic View Post
    And a runner of note at Menangle race 5 on Friday is God Send a potential derby winner having his first start in Aus after leaving the Mark Purdon barn. Looked very smart when winning his last two races before being injured will be intrigued to see what he is paying on fixed odds!
    Very impressive debut in Australia.. and definitely a derby winner in the making.

He ended up odds-on but not as short as I thought..

nat
    Yeh its a bit hard to defend the drive on Georgetown when he first pulled out he should had went if he goining to be in the top races he's going to have to do some work sometimes. I think the horse went good till he galloped looking for cracks to crawl through.

You gotta feel for Mark Peace and the Kid how many time do you have to be the brides maid

Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    Quote Originally Posted by nat View Post
    Yeh its a bit hard to defend the drive on Georgetown when he first pulled out he should had went if he goining to be in the top races he's going to have to do some work sometimes. I think the horse went good till he galloped looking for cracks to crawl through.

You gotta feel for Mark Peace and the Kid how many time do you have to be the brides maid
    Mark should ask how Lance Justice felt with Smoken Up prior to last year's Miracle Mile...

Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    and up in Brisbane, Be Good Johnny should win the FFA 1660m Race 7.
    Well.. Be Good Johnny would have won that race had he been 4 or 5 years younger.... he just couldn't muster the speed via the sprint lane....

Is this the end of Be Good Johnny ??

Flashing Red
    Well.. Be Good Johnny would have won that race had he been 4 or 5 years younger.... he just couldn't muster the speed via the sprint lane....

Is this the end of Be Good Johnny ??
    The winner is very, very good over a mile and a really nice horse on its day. Not a disgrace...

Member Filly peacheymagic will become famous soon enough peacheymagic's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Very impressive debut in Australia.. and definitely a derby winner in the making.

He ended up odds-on but not as short as I thought..
    I wouldn't say he is a derby winner after that run he just got there and didn't beat much, was his first run for a while though and im sure there will be plenty of improvement in him. Will have to watch him go round again before I make my judgement. Does anyone know when Royal Verdict and Excel stride are returning to the racetrack? Haven't seen many good 3yo races, lots of 6 7 and 8 horse fields!

Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    Steward's Report re: Georgetown:

"
    Driver Michael Langdon (Georgetown NZ) was fined $200 under the provisions of Rule 163(3) for half carting and hindering those trailing when rounding the first turn and racing down the front straight for the bell. Mr Langdon was further questioned regarding his tactics adopted upon Georgetown NZ, after failing to progress forward early the horse was then unable to obtain a clear run in the home straight and galloped free of interference approaching the finish. Of concern to the Panel was the failure of Mr Langdon to improve Georgetown NZ to the position outside the leader given the horse he was trailing in Decorated Jasper is a noted sit-sprinter. Mr Langdon stated he was of the opinion Jodi Quinlan, driver of Decorated Jasper was not going to surrender the position outside the leader and was comfortable trailing that runner given its performance in the Victoria Cup. While the Panel expressed their concern with the tactics of Mr Langdon, his explanation was noted on this occasion.
    "

+ Reply to Thread