Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Menangle

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Hi Craig,

I would recommend you hire a car - never done public transport there so cant help with that. If you stay in the city it will take you about 75 mins to drive there on a normal Sunday.
    With all of the expansion Menangle hasn't been great of late but most of that will be finished come ID day. I think the facilities are pretty good and it handles crowds well. Given the line up of racing you'd be mad to miss it!
    There are 2 massive big screens at Menangle so race viewing is always good.

Mitch.

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    Thanks Mitch. Much appreciated.

7 Group 1's...like you said very hard to pass that up. Hopefully Menangle has a stabling facility similar to Melton where you can see the champs close up prior to the races.

Wouldn't mind checking out the Public Transport from a cost perspective so if anyone has experience with heading out to Menangle by train that would be great.

Either way will be good to see Harness Racing get on the Sports pages for the right reasons for a change.

Cheers

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    Craig,

A train from Central station to Campbelltown will take about an hour. The club should have a shuttle bus from Campbelltown Station to the track running on the big event day (give them a call to double check)

If you wanted to train it all the way through you need to change at Campbelltown and get on the Southern Highlands line, getting off at Menangle Park. This is about a 15 minute journey (in addition to however long you have to wait to get your connecting train).

Trains only stop at Menangle Park once every 1.5-2 hours on a Sunday so the shuttle bus to Campbelltown or Macarthur station might be your best bet.

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Thats progress for you, a parade ring with ampitheatre seating. Big step up from an ampitheatre track with seating the length of the straight

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    I live a stones throw from Harold Park and I've never got to Menangle quicker than 1 hour 40 mins on a Sat arvo. I'd set aside 2 hours. If you get there much sooner drop in at the Inn for a Bulmers or Little Creatures. It'll be your last opportunity for a decent beverage : )

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    I'd take a Tablet with me and or use your phone to have a bet. Punters are a fair way down the pecking order. I've never had a problem with reception, my work phone is on Telstra and I have a tablet on Vodafone. However a mate of mine has Optus and it's poor.

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    Thanks all for your responses, massively appreciated and has convinced me to head over with the better half.

Harold I'll remember to place my bets on fixed odds beforehand, and to stock up on visits to the bar :-)

The viewing platfrom sounds absolutely brilliant, a great innovation.

Cheers

Craig

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    I live a stones throw from Harold Park and I've never got to Menangle quicker than 1 hour 40 mins on a Sat arvo. I'd set aside 2 hours. If you get there much sooner drop in at the Inn for a Bulmers or Little Creatures. It'll be your last opportunity for a decent beverage : )
    Bob,

Which way are you going? I live at five dock and its never taken me longer than 75 mins.

Further to Adams message here is the link to a story on trots tv re the new stabling complex - looks like it will be a ripper!

http://trotstv.com.au/?id=7081

Mitch.

+ Reply to Thread