Thread: Ballarat paceway/Cup meeting

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance

Ballarat paceway/Cup meeting

Hi All

Have to head over to Melbourne next week and was thinking of stopping by Ballarat for the Cup next Saturday night.

With the 3 ID Trotting heats, the Pure Steel and the Cup itself it should be a good nights racing.

Just wondering if anyone has been there for Cup night, and how Ballarat Paceway rates in terms of viewing/facilities etc. Also apart from Smoken Up does anyone know the likely noms for the Cup at this stage?

Cheers

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Hi Craig. I'm from Ballarat, so I may be a bit biased. But you'd be struggling to find a bigger Victorian country cup. Crowds are usually huge. And the atmoshere is great. If you contact the club, they may have room for you in the terraced restaurant or the fully catered bar downstairs. We are going to the crownie bar downstairs. It is $110 per head. It may sound a bit pricey, but when you consider we get a 3 course meal, entry, a book, and all our beverages, I think we'll get our monies worth. I think they are close to securing Sushi Sushi as a runner so that will be exciting to see him take on Smoken Up.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by Village Kid View Post
    Hi All

Have to head over to Melbourne next week and was thinking of stopping by Ballarat for the Cup next Saturday night.

With the 3 ID Trotting heats, the Pure Steel and the Cup itself it should be a good nights racing.

Just wondering if anyone has been there for Cup night, and how Ballarat Paceway rates in terms of viewing/facilities etc. Also apart from Smoken Up does anyone know the likely noms for the Cup at this stage?

Cheers
    Been there before for Cup and agree it's a great club. They will kill you with kindness, great staff

Member Yearling ARTOFFICIAL will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Damien Saxon
    Great set-up there. I really liked the viewing and the stabling and parade area is so close to the main areas.

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    Thanks guys, much appreciated. Sounds like its well worth the trip.

Cheers

Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Gee the Ballarat Cup field is looking good at this stage. Looks like Smoken Up, Sushi Sushi, The Gold Ace, Auckland Reactor, Highveiw Tommy so far.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    Gee the Ballarat Cup field is looking good at this stage. Looks like Smoken Up, Sushi Sushi, The Gold Ace, Auckland Reactor, Highveiw Tommy so far.
    The club president shouldn't do such a good job getting these horses and growing the status of the Cup; otherwise he could have won his hometown cup by now with Decorated Jasper. I'd say add his name, Melpark Major, Villagem, Bitobliss?, Choise Achiever and then say Captain Joy & Sammy Maguire and this race is going to be one helluva 'country' cup.

Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    The club president shouldn't do such a good job getting these horses and growing the status of the Cup; otherwise he could have won his hometown cup by now with Decorated Jasper. I'd say add his name, Melpark Major, Villagem, Bitobliss?, Choise Achiever and then say Captain Joy & Sammy Maguire and this race is going to be one helluva 'country' cup.
    Would it be fair to say it has overtaken the Trueur as Australias best 'country' race.

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    Would it be fair to say it has overtaken the Trueur as Australias best 'country' race.
    I think so, and they don't have the dust!

+ Reply to Thread