Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars

Trotguide Front page "news"

Great to see the news!!? on the front page of trotguide from HRNSW that all metrop winners and up to three selected winners from all other meetings are now being post raced swabbed!!

I must have been dreaming for the last thirty years.

I'm sure some one will be impressed, just struggling to work out who.

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    Everything exactly the same as pre swab scandal. Hrnsw must now be taking spin lessons for the politicians. Hrnsw everyone can see through you spin wake up and get some new policy's.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Gosh, Aren't we overregulated here in NZ.
    In round figures 99% winners whether the race be $3000 or $300,000 but one post race swab in all races.
    First 3 in group and significant races although there have been a few exceptions lately

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Gosh, Aren't we overregulated here in NZ.
    In round figures 99% winners whether the race be $3000 or $300,000 but one post race swab in all races.
    First 3 in group and significant races although there have been a few exceptions lately
    No you are not for swabbing to be of any significant use every winner should be post race urine tested.

Real Name
    Andy Macole
    VOR
    I agree 100% and pre racing should selected at random by someone other than the stewards and if they want to target trainers or horses this is in addition to the random swabs.

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    VOR
    I agree 100% and pre racing should selected at random by someone other than the stewards and if they want to target trainers or horses this is in addition to the random swabs.
    I like your idea but in the end both will come down to a matter of cost... You saw the reaction of Paul Fitzpatrick whem it was suggested prize money may not increase by as much as planned to help pay for extra swabbing.

As I have said before everyone wants integrity no one wants to pay for it.

Real Name
    Andy Macole
    It may seem expensive but what is the price of the currant swab scandal and what will the price be of the next. In not suggesting that there are more rats in the stewards ranks but I am suggesting that the door has been left wide open for the next steward who decides to sell there sole. Hrnsw have a chance to close the door but would rather release spin.

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    It may seem expensive but what is the price of the currant swab scandal and what will the price be of the next. In not suggesting that there are more rats in the stewards ranks but I am suggesting that the door has been left wide open for the next steward who decides to sell there sole. Hrnsw have a chance to close the door but would rather release spin.
    I support HRNSW as most know but I think you are right on this issue.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    There is more to this than just money. This is about image and perception. How much lower can a controlling body go and still not make GENUINE change to their regulatory powers. If the sport was travelling ok you would tweak things, but when you are at rock bottom you need to make real change. This isn't something you run away from, this is an opportunity to grab with both hands. Uniform swabbing is expensive but the moment one horse is not swabbed the rumour mongering begins. Find the money, make it happen and close the loopholes. Strong leadership is what NSW harness racing needs right now, not gimmicks, empty headlines or sticking heads in the sand. The administratiors need to start earning their salarys, not just sit back and collect it. Set the standard for the future and build on it.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    I would like to see all winner's swabbed regardless of class of race take the cost out of the winner's cheque for the initial test and then no-one can whinge about any other trainer's being on something.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

+ Reply to Thread