Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Muskeg Express to race in Aus

Member Filly peacheymagic will become famous soon enough peacheymagic's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown

The Muskeg Express to race in Aus

I see this smart 3yo is set to join the Mcarthy stable from Tim Butt's. Looked to be NZ's best 2yo on raw ability but made costly errors, was expecting him to be NZ's top 3yo but has dissapointed me somewhat. Will be interesting to see how he goes in Aus if he steps up like Mr Feelgood when joining the Macarthy barn or not?

Junior Member Weanling Mardy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Mental Health Worker
    Certainly got a shock when i heard that information while watching the Box Seat just moments ago.Am surprised a little that they let him go,considering the opinion they have of him.With him looking like a rather big horse,time was always going to be on his side on a couple of accounts..1) give him time to fill into his frame and 2,and the biggest one..sorting his own brain out..as he was rather silly at times when a 2yr old.I stated on Racecafe at the start of the his 3yr old year that he'd start fave in the Sires Stakes Final,and that he'd practically dominate the 3yr olds....well i had to eat a little bit of humble pie..but all good.I think he will go very well over in Oz..and no doubt the best of him will now be seen over their...Good luck to the horse and the Luke McCarthy.

Junior Member Weanling TREBOR54 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Tax Accountant
    I think this horse will go to the top in Aussie as he has meet a few good 3yo's here that have dinted his reputation a wee bit

triplev123
    Hugely talented horse and a very,very smart move by KS.
    Butt has taught him how to lose. Luke will restore his confidence and will to win.

Senior Member Colt Phoenix will become famous soon enough Phoenix's Avatar
    Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    A future grand circuit combatant for sure. The McCarthy's are where you can send your good horse and they turn it into a great horse.

Member Filly peacheymagic will become famous soon enough peacheymagic's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    I thought exactly the same Mardy and his first up run was huge, but after that he hasn't shown a lot. As Triple123 has said will probably be good for the horse to have a change of environments etc which may help get him back to his best, and if he does watch out aus.

Flashing Red
    I think Excel Stride is the best colt in Australia. His runs Breeders Crown time where unbelievable...

+ Reply to Thread