Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trotters ID more competitive than the Pacers ID?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh

Trotters ID more competitive than the Pacers ID?

Starting tonight, the Trotters ID has finally brought a bunch of the best Kiwi Trotters to Oz and take on our Trotters. They didnt just bring one good one and one average one, they have 6 of their best.
    Now spread over 3 heats instead of initially stated 2 heats, this now means there will be 3 highly competitive heats where up to 4-6 horses could win per heat.
    I think it will be a cracking series and one of the best Trotters ID's in many years.

Compare this to the Pacers in Perth, outside Smoken Up, ITMQ, Feelgood, Washakie and Auckland Reactor, who else could win the final?
    You have the Pocketwatch for excellent intrigue value in the series to see what he may or not be able to do and Lanercost up and coming, but outside that?
    Personally i wouldn't have the ID in Perth, just my opinion...

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Starting tonight, the Trotters ID has finally brought a bunch of the best Kiwi Trotters to Oz and take on our Trotters. They didnt just bring one good one and one average one, they have 6 of their best.
    Now spread over 3 heats instead of initially stated 2 heats, this now means there will be 3 highly competitive heats where up to 4-6 horses could win per heat.
    I think it will be a cracking series and one of the best Trotters ID's in many years.

Compare this to the Pacers in Perth, outside Smoken Up, ITMQ, Feelgood, Washakie and Auckland Reactor, who else could win the final?
    You have the Pocketwatch for excellent intrigue value in the series to see what he may or not be able to do and Lanercost up and coming, but outside that?
    Personally i wouldn't have the ID in Perth, just my opinion...
    The trotters is going to be a great series isn't it.
    However if Aust still had Sundons Gift at the top of his game plus Let Me Thru & Skyvalley I doubt as many kiwis would have come over. That's what dominance does, no matter the location.
    Some story as the pacers, who would challenge even if it was in NZ. ITMQ and Smoken Up ran the quinella last year with Blacks A Fake and Feelgood close up as well. Yes it would still have more depth if it wasn't run in Perth but I don't think you can deny them the series.

Junior Member Weanling Bingo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Will Fry
    Also with it being the last trotters inter forever then everyone wants one last crack at the holy grail.

It will be a more open series that people expect. The kiwi horses have to get used to our 1000m tracks, the heat, a 3-4 week trip away from home and local dingoes that get in your road or pull out in front of you when driven by farmer brown.

In saying that our open class trotting ranks are incredibly thin and the 2600m of the heats will be testing for some. My gut is telling me go for the best Australian trainer and his horses as he has been there and knows what it takes.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    The trotters is going to be a great series isn't it.
    However if Aust still had Sundons Gift at the top of his game plus Let Me Thru & Skyvalley I doubt as many kiwis would have come over. That's what dominance does, no matter the location.
    Some story as the pacers, who would challenge even if it was in NZ. ITMQ and Smoken Up ran the quinella last year with Blacks A Fake and Feelgood close up as well. Yes it would still have more depth if it wasn't run in Perth but I don't think you can deny them the series.
    True about LMT not being there and Skyvalley unfortunately retiring early would have been massive ID, also Will Trapper has found another leg recently great to see, but damn shame he has obviously injured one of them,
    Would love someone who knows to let us know what happened to him recently????????????????????

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    [QUOTE=Bingo;15949]Also with it being the last trotters inter forever then everyone wants one last crack at the holy grail.

It will be a more open series that people expect. The kiwi horses have to get used to our 1000m tracks, the heat, a 3-4 week trip away from home and local dingoes that get in your road or pull out in front of you when driven by farmer brown.

Interesting comments there...
    NZ has mostly 1000m tracks, only one smaller at 950m.
    Melbourne is on a latitude par with NZ so it's the most comfortable environment Aus can offer the Kiwis.
    Most Kiwi trainers have been to Oz b4 with their horses so they are used to being away from home so that's hardly a problem.
    Dingoes getting in your road...Well they are used to rabbits, possums and other vermin...not to mention skantily clad women....lol..!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Back in July 2010 the greyhounds at Shepparton did encounter a REAL hare on the track which made news around the world as it caused havoc to the field. No such problems for Springbank Richard in the first heat. The kiwi invasion begins...

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Maorisidol,Personally i wouldn't have the ID in Perth, just my opinion... It started off in Perth it's befitting that in its present form it ends in Perth.

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Really looking forward to the ID in Perth. It's going to be a great series.

I'm a Sydney lad so without bias, the racing at Gloucester Park is the best in the country. Love the racing over there.

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Re the format, for a tragic like myself, 3 heats into the final ... you can't beat that.

+ Reply to Thread