Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Epo positive

Junior Member Yearling William will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    William Child

Epo positive

I'm not sure if the Moderators will allow subjects of this nature but HRNSW are reporting a positive swab for EPO from an as yet unnamed trainer, with no further comment at this stage.

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    I'm not sure if the Moderators will allow subjects of this nature but HRNSW are reporting a positive swab for EPO from an as yet unnamed trainer, with no further comment at this stage.
    You are only saying what is written, although does say irregularity, so should not be a problem with moderators.

Banned Gelding Stonie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Paul Stone
    Occupation
    Concretor
    Rather interesting that they dont name the Trainer in question......

Everyone else with a postitive or irregularity gets named.
    Whats any different here???????

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Bad news indeed William.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonie View Post
    Rather interesting that they dont name the Trainer in question......

Everyone else with a postitive or irregularity gets named.
    Whats any different here???????
    Only the first test has tested positive. Second test yet to be done and normal procedure is not to declare anything to after the second test. If anything they've gone the early crow.

Member Gelding The Rainmaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Eric Strong
    If early hearsay is correct some here may be shocked by the trainer in question, others maybe not so shocked.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes for HRNSW to come forward with the results of the second testing procedure, might be a little while.

Banned Gelding murray green will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    murray green
    [QUOTE=aussiebreno;16072]Bad news indeed William.

What does anybody expect in this game . Cheats , cheats and more cheats . IMO 95% or so of occupants would have been happy to be part of the latest betting scandal . They just weren't asked . They certainly would put anything down their horses throats if they thought that they would get away with it . Why arn't the police involved when these guys get caught . A recent methamphetamine positive should be dealt with and be handed over to police . No ones name will surprise me .
    Last edited by murray green; 01-24-2012 at 07:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    [QUOTE=murray green;16076]
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Bad news indeed William.

What does anybody expect in this game . Cheats , cheats and more cheats . IMO 95% or so of occupants would have been happy to be part of the latest betting scandal . They just weren't asked . They certainly would put anything down their horses throats if they thought that they would get away with it . Why arn't the police involved when these guys get caught . A recent methamphetamine positive should be dealt with and be handed over to police . No ones name will surprise me .
    Have to agree with you Murray but its true, I know 10 people were asked if they would have cheated if they were to get away with it & they all said YES. This game will never be any different. Someone will always be one step ahead of the regulators. If this game was honest then we wouldn't have these ongoing problems. Would we now?

Banned Colt Old Frank will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post

Bad news indeed William.

Only the first test has tested positive. Second test yet to be done and normal procedure is not to declare anything to after the second test. If anything they've gone the early crow.
    I know that history will show that 99% of the time, the 2nd test will come back positive like the 1st but surely from a professionalism perspective, as well as the negative PR aspects why would you release any statement until the 'b' sample is tested and in actual fact shown to be positive?

The rumour mongers start beating the drums immediately, yet there is still the chance (sure, may be remote chance) that the sample comes back negative and yet Harness Racing has kicked itself in the ass!

Now either way HRNSW is up shit creek, issue press release and get initial bad PR to what may not amount to anything, or wait for the 'b' sample and it's positive still equals bad perception/press.

aussiebreno
    I think you guys may be confusing a harness racing issue with a social issue.
    Look at the NZ couple who got $17 million (or whatever it was) in their bank account and done a runner. Look at cricketers appealing, but then not even using the DRS system, or batsman standing their ground when clearly out. I've never seen a footballer pull themself up for a push in the back (AFL) or high tackle (NRL). If a checkout chick gave you an extra $20 change some would also walk away with it - or the old glue a $2 coin to the ground trick works because people will always try and get something for nothing. How many students attempt to cheat on exams or would if they could and get away with it? Human nature, not confined to harness racing.
    Maybe harness racing tempts more of these characters or allows more oppurtunities for these characteristics to come out in people but don't give harness racing a bad name for a social issue.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Frank View Post
    I know that history will show that 99% of the time, the 2nd test will come back positive like the 1st but surely from a professionalism perspective, as well as the negative PR aspects why would you release any statement until the 'b' sample is tested and in actual fact shown to be positive?

The rumour mongers start beating the drums immediately, yet there is still the chance (sure, may be remote chance) that the sample comes back negative and yet Harness Racing has kicked itself in the ass!

Now either way HRNSW is up shit creek, issue press release and get initial bad PR to what may not amount to anything, or wait for the 'b' sample and it's positive still equals bad perception/press.
    Yep, it's weird they've released it. I see no harm in waiting for the B sample, despite HRNSW citing length of time, when that is the normal procedure.

+ Reply to Thread