Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoken vs Sushi, Ballarat Cup

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh

Smoken vs Sushi, Ballarat Cup

Will b a great contest especially now that Smoken Up is out the back on 2nd row and equally as awkward, Sushi draws outside front row.
    That's great because we won't have the norm of maybe Smoken Up leading or even straight to the Death seat, similarly where does Sushi go at barrier rise?
    Does he go forward, he may end up in the death himself as I don't believe Melpark Major will hand up to him, he can't really go back I reckon cos Sugars will want to b in front of Smoken as much as possible...
    Any thoughts people?

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Will b a great contest especially now that Smoken Up is out the back on 2nd row and equally as awkward, Sushi draws outside front row.
    That's great because we won't have the norm of maybe Smoken Up leading or even straight to the Death seat, similarly where does Sushi go at barrier rise?
    Does he go forward, he may end up in the death himself as I don't believe Melpark Major will hand up to him, he can't really go back I reckon cos Sugars will want to b in front of Smoken as much as possible...
    Any thoughts people?
    My guess is that the sushi camp wiil not be looking to use a great deal of petrol early, and my second guess is they will not be looking to use tactics to derail those of others, in particular SU.

At his first run at this level, what sort of person would run the risk of burning a super horse like Sushi?? My tip is they look to put him in the race in the latter half and leave him a full head of steam win, lose or draw.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Only returned to following recently but I know that SU burnt himself and Villagem last year. Am I right in thinking the SU is at his absolute best over shorter distances? And how will Sushi handle the extra 400 at this level? With SU going to the death I can see some possibility of Sushi, Heza or Villagem getting close to him (whichever has the best trail) but SU is an iron horse
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Melpark Major asks who are Smoken and Sushi?

Member Yearling M.John will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    You'll find Smoken Up isnt fussed over distance. If anything the further the race the better, will run all day. I also think Sushi will go back, too much at stake going forward because if he gets the front or the death it wont be long until Smoken Up gets up there and for a horse just out of age racing it just wouldnt be the smartest move to go toe to toe with a seasoned grand circuit horse. Anyway I think everyone learned the best way to beat Smoken Up in NZ. With raw speed going past him, if Sushi Sushi goes forward and tries to match toughness with him, it will just play into Smoken Up's corner. Go back come with one run and try and get him on the line and I think Sushi has a chance.

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Good to read a thread that is Positive but this time about a race that has us all excited, going to a birthday Saturday night and first question was maybe do you have pay tv.

Fpr me i hope Sushi can win Harness need a new horse to publicise the sport.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Brian
    If they don't have pay tv take a good look at the roofs in the street on the way as someone will have pay for sure and fingers crossed someone at the party know's them.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Brian
    If they don't have pay tv take a good look at the roofs in the street on the way as someone will have pay for sure and fingers crossed someone at the party know's them.
    Sounds like the voice of experience there Dallas!

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    I think Melpark Major to lead. Hand up to Sushi, who in turn hands up to Smoken Up. Sushi gets last crack at him.
    1. Smoken Up
    2. Sushi
    3. Melpark Major ( Sorry Brenno)
    4. Pembrooke Benny

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    I think Melpark Major to lead. Hand up to Sushi, who in turn hands up to Smoken Up. Sushi gets last crack at him.
    1. Smoken Up
    2. Sushi
    3. Melpark Major ( Sorry Brenno)
    4. Pembrooke Benny
    NO Sprint Lane at Ballarat!!!

+ Reply to Thread