Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Smoken vs Sushi, Ballarat Cup

Member Filly remington will become famous soon enough remington's Avatar
    Real Name
    joshua tinning
    Horses
    il tesoro, total control
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    Pembrook Benny could hold the lead if he wanted, but i expect him to hand up to Melpark Major. Sushi will be the first to the breeze and then Smoken up will come round and give him cover.

I have a feeling SU gets rolled tonight

Am also having something on PBenny ew

PS - there is a lovely full sister to PBenny in the NZ yearling sales

Been trying to stay quiet cause i thought Pbenny was a really good bet, but i guess everyone is thinking down the same line. great race cant wait

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by montana View Post
    The draw has made this very interesting , alot of speed drawn inside sushi so its not likely he will get across without doing a power of work. And SU got beat from a bad draw in the cup last year , it certainly is a mouthwatering clash i would have to lean towards Smoken up , he will end up outside the leader at some point and we all know he can win from there. I will have something little each way on Pembrook Benny from the draw.

Smoken Up
    Pembrook Benny
    Sushi Sushi
    but as you (and I) have said - he was beaten last year here (after getting to death)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain
    They got me again, here I was thinking that we would get to watch live racing.%$·$%·it's like foreplay with out the sex

Banned Colt Old Frank will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    What, they did the same as the Victoria Cup? Absolute bullshit and false advertising.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You're not wrong - apologies to anyone who stayed at home (instead of heading to a Sky outlet) like me and missed the race because of my 'live streaming' post
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    At odds of 100/1, does that make Highview Tommy Harness Racing's version of 'Dandy Andy'?

All week the 'match race' was billed, but someone forgot to tell 'Tommy' the script!

aussiebreno
    Got to the club just in time too watch the race - I was originally skeptical of the live streaming. A good 20 people stood around and watched the race, up on the handful who normally take interest so that was a positive.
    Sushi Sushi what a good run and done what no 4yo has done since Shaka and CUF - that being more than held their own taking on the grand circuit.

Congrats to Highview Tommy but Sushi Sushi lost no admirers.

Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Huge run, went super.

I hope they don't overtax Sushi as a 4yr old. He's a super horse and should just now go back to his age features for the rest of the season.

They've done a super job managing his races and the horse up to this point, no need to go undoing their work getting too excited and going to well too often.
    Last edited by Old Frank; 01-29-2012 at 12:38 AM.

Member Yearling ARTOFFICIAL will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Damien Saxon
    Sushi ran his last mile in 1.55.8 and got beaten!!!! Lost no admirers imo.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I don't know what their other choices were for an open debut but the 400m further than he has raced before ALMOST did not matter. Smoken wanted to turn it up for a second on the bend - has he ever done that before?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread