Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Smoken vs Sushi, Ballarat Cup

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Smokin Up stuck like glue and Sushi signalled he's got what it takes. Highview Tommy did what he's always done when driven for one crack. Good race.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Frank View Post
    Yes and no and to be frank, easy to say in hindsight.

I think it was a case of Sushi was humming and Smoken Up was dropping off. I think Sugar's just gone, well it's best of both worlds here so let's run.

It's just a shame he got beat, he's run super.

Sushi faced a big challenge last night and I had reservations about him being able to win but I thought his run was awesome. The wide draw beat him in the end and it was a shame that his winning sequence came to an end the way that it did. He deserved the win.
    I agree with you Nathan. I think Greg going for home when he did was a reaction to Smoken Up suddenly dropping off. It is hard to say for sure but had he held together for another 20 metres he probably would have won.

Banned Colt Old Frank will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post

Sushi faced a big challenge last night and I had reservations about him being able to win but I thought his run was awesome. The wide draw beat him in the end and it was a shame that his winning sequence came to an end the way that it did. He deserved the win.
    I agree with you Nathan. I think Greg going for home when he did was a reaction to Smoken Up suddenly dropping off. It is hard to say for sure but had he held together for another 20 metres he probably would have won.
    If Sushi hangs on and wins by a head or whatever the margin was, we all laud Sugar's a genius for his timing.

As it stands, the horse has gone super, ran 1.55 and change for his flying mile fending off the best horse in this region for the last 12months and been caught unfortunately by a swooper getting last crack.

If anything, the only mistake I thought young Greg did was being a tad indecisive at the start, hence causing him to sit three-wide longer than what he should off. I genuinally thought the cheap lead would be there for him as most drivers would have assumed even if Sushi can't win going from top to tale, he would most certainly take them all the way to the lane. As it stood, he's far better than probably all are thinking and he's a future Grand Circuit performer if we've ever seen one. I'm not saying Greg should have fired off the car, but if he'd had good intent off the arm, I'm most certain anyone getting to the spot before him would have handed up. It's all problematical now though isn't it?

Sushi wins and Greg's in the penthouse, he get's beat though and he's in the basement! Hahahaha...
    Last edited by Old Frank; 01-30-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Member Gelding Itisi will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mick Tobias
    No point starting new thread but what did you guys think of the reactors run? Good but not what he was my thoughts.

Member Filly montana will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dean Shannon
    Occupation
    unemployed
    first up in a stand over a distance and sitting parked i thought it was a good effort. the hunter cup is probably not going to be his race but first round inter heat over a mile he should be primed.

+ Reply to Thread