Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Vic Derby Heats

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan

Thumbs up Vic Derby Heats

I think a couple of these heats will be really interesting, especially heat 3.

The kiwi is all the rage in heat 1, however I think Karloo Kix is very underrated!

Heat 2 is a cracker with some top class horses, I think Charlie Machsheen is a better horse over a trip and Restrepo is a better horse at the mile. Therefore I'm tipping Charlie.

Heat 3 is also a brilliant field. I think Waldenburg is the best 3yo in Australia! Major Post and Black Caprice will certainly provide him with some sturdy competition.

It's going to be a great final if all the big guns get through!

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I think a couple of these heats will be really interesting, especially heat 3.

The kiwi is all the rage in heat 1, however I think Karloo Kix is very underrated!

Heat 2 is a cracker with some top class horses, I think Charlie Machsheen is a better horse over a trip and Restrepo is a better horse at the mile. Therefore I'm tipping Charlie.

Heat 3 is also a brilliant field. I think Waldenburg is the best 3yo in Australia! Major Post and Black Caprice will certainly provide him with some sturdy competition.

It's going to be a great final if all the big guns get through!
    Looks like great racing, big call Waldenburg but he is very good but I think that is the strong heat, if Major Post leads & walks a qtr then he sure can run a half. Good luck to all.

Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    Any one know if G.McElhinney is suspended? Just noticed D.Binskin is on Theartofdelusion

Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Quote Originally Posted by peteboss4 View Post
    Any one know if G.McElhinney is suspended? Just noticed D.Binskin is on Theartofdelusion
    No he is driving at Penrith tonight.

Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    Thanks, he must have been replaced.....didn't do anything wrong imo, but its a fickle sport

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    What was Grant Campbell thinking, the horse gallops and then goes to the death which is all good but you think one would look for cover instead of trying to hold Scandalman out.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    What was Grant Campbell thinking, the horse gallops and then goes to the death which is all good but you think one would look for cover instead of trying to hold Scandalman out.
    Quite bad IMO, probably should get a holiday for "lack of judgement" for that one, right on with the look for cover Mango!

Member Yearling ARTOFFICIAL will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Damien Saxon
    Mitch Waldenburg??? What happened mate?? Only thing I can think of is maybe he is not that great in front. On face value very disappointing....

Member Yearling M.John will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    Grant Campbell should give up. Scandalman a nice little run tho. The kiwi who won the first heat is the one to beat for mine, would have needed the run and looked to have a bit in reserve.

Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Quote Originally Posted by ARTOFFICIAL View Post
    Mitch Waldenburg??? What happened mate?? Only thing I can think of is maybe he is not that great in front. On face value very disappointing....
    Yes very disappointing. I spoke to Chris on Thursday and he thought Major Post was a run short, so for Waldenburg to control the race and be over powered late by a horse that wasn't at his peak is definitely disappointing. I agree he is a better chaser but no excuses last night.

Very happy for Chris, you won't find a nicer person in harness racing!

G.Campbell on Western Rockstar was disgraceful.

+ Reply to Thread