Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Vic Derby Heats

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Also disappointing to see Brad Bishop's article on the Harness website refer to Major Post and Chris Robinson as QLDers. Chris hails from the most famous harness racing family in NSW... Rookie error!

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Also disappointing to see Brad Bishop's article on the Harness website refer to Major Post and Chris Robinson as QLDers. Chris hails from the most famous harness racing family in NSW... Rookie error!
    The Turnbull's might disagree

mark diegutis
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Yes very disappointing. I spoke to Chris on Thursday and he thought Major Post was a run short, so for Waldenburg to control the race and be over powered late by a horse that wasn't at his peak is definitely disappointing. I agree he is a better chaser but no excuses last night.

Very happy for Chris, you won't find a nicer person in harness racing!

G.Campbell on Western Rockstar was disgraceful.
    Hi Mitch , I own Waldenburg . Yep , no excuses but I wasn't dissapointed at all . Major Post is very underrated and if we can be happy about loosing a race it certainly was fantastic to see the smile on Chris's face . Blake and Chris will travel down again next week and do it all again in a derby final . Thats great and we are having a ball

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    Quote Originally Posted by mark diegutis View Post
    Hi Mitch , I own Waldenburg . Yep , no excuses but I wasn't dissapointed at all . Major Post is very underrated and if we can be happy about loosing a race it certainly was fantastic to see the smile on Chris's face . Blake and Chris will travel down again next week and do it all again in a derby final . Thats great and we are having a ball
    Good for you, great to see you accept defeat graciously.
    Just had a look at some Major Post times, this horse is underrated & should not be....he ran 27.6 & 28.7 his last half & 1.59.1 over 2040 as a 2yo around Parkes, thats flying!
    His start before he went to Melton, he ran 28.4 & 26.9 his last half at Menangle & Mitch said, Chris said, he was a run short. Having the cold sit on Waldenburg I am not surprised at all that he got up & beat him. Even though the lead time was slower they ran the same last mile as Ideal Scott. Restepo ran 2 seconds faster for his last mile than the other heats & Scandalmans run was super.
    Last edited by peteboss4; 01-29-2012 at 05:00 PM. Reason: added his overall time

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Good for you Mark. Refreshing to hear an owner calling as it was. Outpointed on the night. Your horse owes me nothing and I hope you get a great result out of the final. All the best.

mark diegutis
    Thanks Brad . Its not only our horse . We have met some fantastic people through this industry and had so many well wishers . The horse wouldn't have to do another single thing to have made it all more than worthwhile . Thanks again

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Quote Originally Posted by mark diegutis View Post
    Hi Mark, I agree from owners point of view it must be a real thrill! It was only a few weeks ago I had the same plan of Gamechanger contesting the Derby heats but he is now in a paddock eating grass!!

I did not mean for my comments to be in any way offensive, I have the highest opinion of your horse and I thought with all things considered that he would win that race. You're right in saying Major Post is very underrated and I spoke to Chris today who was still smiling and over the moon!!

I wish you the best of luck in the final and with the right run I still think you are the horse to beat (just don't lead). Whatever the result it will be a great Derby final.

Mitch.

mark diegutis
    Thanks Mitch . Absolutely no offence taken . Hope Gamechanger can get back to the track and show us his best . He was a thrilling horse to watch and the depth of 3YO talent this year is unbeleivable . Thanks for your well wishes . He will be doing his utmost .

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Quite bad IMO, probably should get a holiday for "lack of judgement" for that one, right on with the look for cover Mango!
    G Campbell...4 Weeks...

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Surely in that 4 weeks G Campbell can watch the replay a couple of time's and try and work out what he was thinking or what he should of been thinking.

+ Reply to Thread