Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Vic Derby Heats

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Surely in that 4 weeks G Campbell can watch the replay a couple of time's and try and work out what he was thinking or what he should of been thinking.
    Grant Campbell is a way better driver than that. No idea what he was thinking, unless he was under instructions. But he did cop his right whack.

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Quote Originally Posted by mark diegutis View Post
    Thanks Brad . Its not only our horse . We have met some fantastic people through this industry and had so many well wishers . The horse wouldn't have to do another single thing to have made it all more than worthwhile . Thanks again
    Mark,

The draw has certainly made this very interesting.... All 3 heat winners off the back row and plenty off speed off the front. No doubt that you wont be sharing tactics on this site but love to know what you're thinking???

Scandalman will find the front for mine and I'd expect a very solid tempo with plenty of mid race moves, the winner might just be the most patient on the night who times their run the best (stating the obvious....)!

Can't have the shorts Restrepo on fixed odds, he has not been that impressive and coming off the back row he way under the odds in my opinion. Major Post once again way over at $23, he might be drawn 12 but that might just work to his favour if the speed is hot!

Going to be a cracking race! Much better race than the Hunter Cup for me.

mark diegutis
    Hi Mitch . For the sake of the race , I think , the barrier draw is great . Emperor Montana probably has the gate speed to cross . He led Restrepo , Charlie Macsheen , Black Caprice , The night pearl a few weeks ago from gate 4 . Philadelphia Man will no dought be driven out with the whip . They will be very carefull with Mr Nickle as he galloped out in the Breeders heat . Scandal Man has even gate speed . We could be 6 wide on the first turn , hope not . Every driver will want to be near to the lead so , hopefully , it is run at breakneck speed . Our bloke should benefit from last week . We have no idea where we will end up but Blakes a top driver so its his call . Someone else posted that the Hunter cup field was "ordinary" . I agree that this will be a much better race . We will have a ball no matter what . Good luck to everyone .

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Hi Mitch . For the sake of the race , I think , the barrier draw is great . Emperor Montana probably has the gate speed to cross . He led Restrepo , Charlie Macsheen , Black Caprice , The night pearl a few weeks ago from gate 4 . Philadelphia Man will no dought be driven out with the whip . They will be very carefull with Mr Nickle as he galloped out in the Breeders heat . Scandal Man has even gate speed . We could be 6 wide on the first turn , hope not . Every driver will want to be near to the lead so , hopefully , it is run at breakneck speed . Our bloke should benefit from last week . We have no idea where we will end up but Blakes a top driver so its his call . Someone else posted that the Hunter cup field was "ordinary" . I agree that this will be a much better race . We will have a ball no matter what . Good luck to everyone .
    Sounds as though Blake is running the gate and looking for Graham to hand up to him ? : )

Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Surprised at the lack of discussion on here with this being such a quality race.... Here is how I see it:

Scandalman to find the front with a strong tempo in play. Emperor Montana outside the leader initially with Philadelphia Man leaders back and Charlie 1:1. Restrepo will go forward early and end up outside the leader for the last lap, maybe lap and a half. Uncle Lile will lead up the 3 wide group with Waldenburg trailing, after going back early, with Major Post then on his back. Ideal Scott will be 3 fence and driven for luck in running.

If Restrepo is as good as everyone thinks he is, he will give a kick at the top of the straight and win. The placings will be filled by the fast finishing Waldenbyrg and Major Post.

I'm going to say that I don't think he is good enough to do that and will tip Waldenburg to finish strongly over the top of them to win from Major Post with Mr Nickel and Ideal Scott finishing fast in a battle for 3rd. Close up Restrepo, Scandalman and Charlie Machsheen.

Going to be a great race regardless of who wins!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Surprised at the lack of discussion on here with this being such a quality race.... Here is how I see it:

Scandalman to find the front with a strong tempo in play. Emperor Montana outside the leader initially with Philadelphia Man leaders back and Charlie 1:1. Restrepo will go forward early and end up outside the leader for the last lap, maybe lap and a half. Uncle Lile will lead up the 3 wide group with Waldenburg trailing, after going back early, with Major Post then on his back. Ideal Scott will be 3 fence and driven for luck in running.

If Restrepo is as good as everyone thinks he is, he will give a kick at the top of the straight and win. The placings will be filled by the fast finishing Waldenbyrg and Major Post.

I'm going to say that I don't think he is good enough to do that and will tip Waldenburg to finish strongly over the top of them to win from Major Post with Mr Nickel and Ideal Scott finishing fast in a battle for 3rd. Close up Restrepo, Scandalman and Charlie Machsheen.

Going to be a great race regardless of who wins!
    Hey Mitch, you've analysed the Derby pretty well, but to be honest I have been overexposed to over analysis on this site over the last few days...and I guess a few of the regular contributors feel a bit like me. That said, I am strapped in for what should be a mouthwatering night of action. Going for Waldenburg too only because that Mark Diegutis really sounds like a decent bloke and I would love to see it storm home for him.

I Didnt Do It might hang on for me this time after just getting caught last week, Auckland Reactor to keep on improving and to round off the night with Trigger doing the business. I don't know what to do with Lilac Stride at Menangle. Cheers to all.

Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Well done Mark, Waldenburg ran a super race all things considered. Didn't have much luck over the last mile.

Huge win Scandalman, he loves rolling out in front! Restrepo disappointing, Ideal Scott good, Major Post honest just over raced early.

Great season of 3yo racing ahead, hopefully Gamechanger can get over his issues and get involved also.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Still scratching my head how Restrepo got down on the markers in front of Waldenburg mid-race. It was a shame for Waldenburg that he didn't get a clear shot at the winner till it was all over. These two horses have got some great clashes to come. And Mark you would have to be proud as punch with him. Plaudits to Scandalman, he did everything right to win in convincing fashion and driven positively by Douglas gave him every chance.

mark diegutis
    Hi Mitch and Brad . Thanks for your well wishes . We were also wondering what happened . We thought that he was just left flat footed untill Blake came off the track . Waldenburg was pulling that hard that he all but choked down and got the wobbles round that turn . It could have ended really bad but the pace had been put into the race and he recovered whilst running a 28 3rd qtr . Huge effort to finish where he did after that . The winner went absolutely fantastic . Jimmy's smile was as wide as he is high .

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Hi Mitch and Brad . Thanks for your well wishes . We were also wondering what happened . We thought that he was just left flat footed untill Blake came off the track . Waldenburg was pulling that hard that he all but choked down and got the wobbles round that turn . It could have ended really bad but the pace had been put into the race and he recovered whilst running a 28 3rd qtr . Huge effort to finish where he did after that . The winner went absolutely fantastic . Jimmy's smile was as wide as he is high .
    Thanks for letting us know what happened Mark, he looked a bit one paced when that occurred, and in the wash up no real damage done. Stuffed my last post up - I meant Waldenburg and Scandalman will have some great clashes. And I will be looking forward to them. Great run fella. Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread