+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chris WHO ????

Member Filly tyson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tyson Jones
    Horses
    Scrap Art, Shezarascal, Franco Torro

Chris WHO ????

Mount Gambier gold cup race call. That was shocking!!!!!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Yeah was bad, but he did quickly admit it was bad straight after race and said he had "some personal issues" I assume in the box...
    I recall a race caller in Qld said he once had a possum climb into his booth during a race...

Member Filly tyson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tyson Jones
    Horses
    Scrap Art, Shezarascal, Franco Torro
    I admit it would be a very hard job but i couldn't help but laugh...

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcyone View Post
    I was in the box with David Fowler when the possum was in the box...

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=yNqQP6oNxG0
    Just replayed Davids call off YouTube, Adam. Were you the one that got rid of the rascal and what made David go Oh! in the call? Did it run over his foot or something?
    He held his composure well.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    I certainly would not choose to be a racecaller but the Mount Gambier Cup call was amateurish and embarrassing . That person who did the call should move on.

Most other competent callers would have done a better job than he did , even if they had ten possums in the box !
    Last edited by David Summers; 01-28-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Member Gelding Mister JayKO will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stu Black
    Chris Buttigieg is a passionate lad who is having a crack at a difficult art on a track that is very difficult to call on due to the proximity of the tower to the track in that when the horses head for home for 99% of the time they are heading straight at you.

At times his calls are entertaining and enthusiastic, occassionaly shambolic, but he is there every week entertaining the punters. For me that's all that matters. Outside metro venues Mount Gambier would put most tracks to shame in terms of on course patrons and participation and Chris is a big part of that.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Just watched the race and had a bit of a laugh. I'm not going to knock him because it is something that would be incredibly hard to do. And theres no way i'd do it. But he was no worse than some of the American callers i've heard, and he had a pleasant voice. At least the connections of Call Me Frank will have a unique momento of his win at Mount Gambier.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Yes, I agree , most of those American callers are .......... well, pathetic , compared to say Dan Milecki or Fred Hastings etc.

However , did anyone ever have the misfortune to hearing those calls of the Swedish harness racing when Sky Channel briefly dabbled with broadcasting them a couple of years back. Absolutely unbelievably bad. There are gaps of 30 seconds during almost every race when the caller says absolutely nothing ( total silence) and then even when describing the race does not use the horse's names in a call , just their numbers only!! I swear one call I heard , the caller in one of those 30 second intervals during the race was definitely eating something. You could hear the munching! No wonder Sky dumped them.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by David Summers View Post
    Yes, I agree , most of those American callers are .......... well, pathetic , compared to say Dan Milecki or Fred Hastings etc.

However , did anyone ever have the misfortune to hearing those calls of the Swedish harness racing when Sky Channel briefly dabbled with broadcasting them a couple of years back. Absolutely unbelievably bad. There are gaps of 30 seconds during almost every race when the caller says absolutely nothing ( total silence) and then even when describing the race does not use the horse's names in a call , just their numbers only!! I swear one call I heard , the caller in one of those 30 second intervals during the race was definitely eating something. You could hear the munching! No wonder Sky dumped them.
    Not the Swedish chef from The Muppets?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    I reckon we are blessed in Australia with a wealth of talent in the racecalling dept. I thought the call of the finish of that ding ding trotting heat summed up the excitement and the intensity beautifully. How would we mere mortals have coped with that tongue-twister of a finish without pulling a muscle.

Chris the other night by his own admission had a sub-standard call on a big night and had the balls to admit it. Remember Jimmy Jaques when he was more of a "hoarse" than the animals he was calling. It is a tough job and these fellas do give their best.

How far in front of the poms and the yanks are we. As far as excitement tho' its hard to go past those Japanese callers - every race is a Melbourne Cup, poor buggers!!

+ Reply to Thread