Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Menangle Race 7 - Lettucerocku

Junior Member Foal ialysos will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    rhys dewar

Menangle Race 7 - Lettucerocku

I guess stewards allow it when stablemates of the favourite take out other competitors during the race

Banned Colt Old Frank will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    If Reese on the 2nd horse doesn't slow his own momentum by trying to shove a tiring horse and keep following Rue, he slides out in 30-40mtrs and would have sailed past him.

Trying to shove tiring horses at the pointy end of a race, now that's using your noggin if I've ever seen it - not!

What's McCarthy done wrong? He's held his line on a tiring horse. (Seemed to pull the entire trip) He did have a runner to his outside wheel, what would you like him to do, drift out and knock the outside horse down?

Reese did himself no favours wanting to shove at the furlong when not sufficiently clear. As I said, if he keep's following Rue for 30-40mtrs more at the most, he'd have slid out, never losing momentum and waved bye bye, plain and simple.
    Last edited by Old Frank; 01-29-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Rhys a horse is entitled to continue running in a straight line. You comment and knowledge is laughable. If keeping that horse locked in allows the death seat horse to run second he has given his horse every possible chance of winning and well within the rules. If Marbrook doesn't want to get blocked for a run don't hand up or move to Victoria.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Sorry Rhys the other blokes are dead right here. If more drivers held their line on a tiring horse as Luke did on this occassion, there would be less tightening and scrimmaging at the vinegar stroke part of the race. We've all been on that horse that gets out, flashes home and just goes under but unfortunately thems the rules. My opinion differs with G-Trains sprint lane analogy but thats for another day.

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker
    He could of done himself an even bigger favour and made the Fav work a little harder to find the top.

Banned Colt Old Frank will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Quote Originally Posted by ialysos View Post

I guess stewards allow it when stablemates of the favourite take out other competitors during the race
    Taken below from the stewards reports placed online today. Have highlighted said point.

RACE 7 – BLUE PYRENEES WINES PACE – 1609 METRES

The winner of the event LETTUCEROCKU was subject to a post race urine sample.
    Horses MABROOK NZ and ELOQUENT BABE were both subject to pre race blood testing.

The driver of COOLBRO (S Adams) was fined the sum of $100 under Rule 162(1)(j) for failing to make sufficient effort to be in position prior to the start.

A warning was issued against ARTISTIC SPIRIT for galloping shortly after the start and a further warning was placed on the horse for galloping approaching the 1100 metre mark.

A warning was issued against EVERYONES DREAM for being out of position at the start despite the efforts of its driver. Also a further warning was placed on the horse for galloping at the 400 metre mark and as a result of this COOLBRO was severely checked.

MABROOK NZ whilst racing behind the leader LETTUCEROCKU approaching the 200 metre mark jostled with ELOQUENT BABE in an endeavour to gain clear running. After viewing the official DVD it was established that ELOQUENT BABE simply held its rightful line at that stage of the event.

Member Gelding Just Saying will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Scott Crameri
    I wish drivers in Vic held their line. Sick of the drivers waiting for those behind them to move and then shoving them off the track. Either make your move or don't!

+ Reply to Thread