Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Race 4 Gloucester Park - Washakie

Flashing Red

Race 4 Gloucester Park - Washakie

A great performance by Washakie and super performance by Ima Spicey Lombo. They went 1:56.3 for 2500 around Gloucester Park (equally track record) so they were flying.

My question? Did some of the drivers miscount the laps? With a lap to go horses were fanning out and some under the whip. While watching the race I could have sworn that the caller had only just advised the first quarter, turns out I was right and there was a lot of tired horses at the finish!!

Senior Member Colt Phoenix will become famous soon enough Phoenix's Avatar
    Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    Washakie is a gun horse who doesn't get the recognition he deserves considering he holds the record for the second fastest mile and is a grand circuit winner (and will win one or both of the grand circuit races coming up in the next two weeks.

Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    A great performance by Washakie and super performance by Ima Spicey Lombo. They went 1:56.3 for 2500 around Gloucester Park (equally track record) so they were flying.

My question? Did some of the drivers miscount the laps? With a lap to go horses were fanning out and some under the whip. While watching the race I could have sworn that the caller had only just advised the first quarter, turns out I was right and there was a lot of tired horses at the finish!!
    Yes some of the drivers stuffed up big time..

If you have a look at the margins then this tells the story of the tired horses..

ima spicey lombo finished 2.2m to washakie..

3rd placed Our Mercurio finised 16m.. and then the fourth horse Glencadam finished 49 metres behind the winner.. then 10th and last Can Return Fire finished a whopping 131m behind..

Also, the AHR website results indicate that some of the drivers were queried after the race so it will be very interesting to see what comes out in the stewards report..
    Last edited by Phoenix; 01-08-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh

G Hall Jnr, culprit.

At the bend into the front straight BEFORE the bell, Hall was 3 back on the pegs and blatantly pushed out to be 3 wide whip cracking goin flat to the winning post, THEN, he pops his whip away realizing everyone is still going...
    Total stuff up by him and I would be extremely cut if I owned the horse he pushed 4 wide for nothin!
    He must get time...

nat
    Definitely gun run by Ima Spicey Lombo, that’s the way they race in the west (hard). Has The Answers has been a tired horse for some months now its a shame he didn’t get some time of for a real shot at the big races

nat
    I will reserve my judgements for the up and comming group 1 races when I see Lombo Pocket Watch race on Tuesday

Flashing Red
    It would be good to see him return to his best, he ran 2nd in a Len Smith to Smoken Up one year. In saying that it is a big ask and he is now racing for a different trainer...

Flashing Red
    Stewards report isn't up yet but Adam Hamilton just said that Hall got 6 weeks. I wonder if he was the only one to get time?

Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    Doubt it....

Now I'm hanging out for the stewards report to appear....

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    6 weeks....awesome.
    He is one arrogant little man who thinks he owns the track and other drivers, horses need to get out of his way.
    You would never see Lang, Alford, MC Carthy, any Fitzpatrick or Bennett etc do what this guy does as blatantly as he does.
    A few months ago he was charged with whipping another driver after crossing the line for gods sake, he needs a serious mentor to get him to pull his head in.
    He is relatively a young guy with a long driving future in front of him and if behavior like this continues to be more frequent, he has problems going forward.

+ Reply to Thread