Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Race 4 Gloucester Park - Washakie

Flashing Red
    SUSPENDED GARY HALL TO MISS RICH CUP EVENTS
    Star reinsman Gary Hall jun. has been suspended for six weeks and will be unable to drive champion pacer Im The Mightyquinn in the $400,000 SEW Eurodrive WA Pacing Cup on Friday week and in the $500,000 A. G. Hunter Cup at Melton next month.
    The 28-year-old Hall pleaded guilty to carelessness in that he mistook the laps in the TABform Pace at Gloucester Park on Friday night.
    He was driving 8/1 chance Albert Jaccka and he mistook the laps when he eased the gelding off the pegs with 1100m to travel and dashed him forward approaching the home bend when racing for the bell in the 2506m event. He urged Albert Jaccka forward under the whip down the straight before realising that there was still another lap to travel.
    Albert Jaccka finished sixth in the race won by Washakie. Hall explained to the stewards that he saw most of the opposition was under pressure after a hectic tempo down the back straight and that his instincts told him that the field was approaching the finish and that it was time to get going with Albert Jaccka.
    Hall requested a stay of proceedings and was granted a stay to enable him to drive Im Themightyquinn in the $250,000 Fremantle Cup next Friday night. The maximum stay the stewards can grant a reinsman is nine days.

Taken from http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=15227

Still no mention if any other drivers got suspended? Stipes report should be out tomorrow I assume.

Member Filly tyson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tyson Jones
    Horses
    Scrap Art, Shezarascal, Franco Torro
    Ima Spicey Lombo is no doubt the best mare in Australia. After soughting out her foot problems she will be one of WA's best of all sex's. Lombo Pocket Watch will come back a better horse and will be strong in WA.

Gary Hall JNR is on top of the world in Perth. He's a gun driver and probably needs a bit of a holiday for a rest. Seems to gone of the rails up bit since Shayne Cramp left the stable ???

Has the answers is a 2nd tier horse in WA. Once all the decent horses come back he is clearly a 5th place a best runner. Take him to the eastern states and he would be a Bankstown performer.

I reackon someone should try and get Franco Torro from NSW over to perth. Look how good Cromac Johnny goes over here. They both race the same

Senior Member Colt Phoenix will become famous soon enough Phoenix's Avatar
    Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    SUSPENDED GARY HALL TO MISS RICH CUP EVENTS

Still no mention if any other drivers got suspended? Stipes report should be out tomorrow I assume.
    Steward's Report from Saturday's Gloucester Park meeting is up.. but not Friday's...

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    thats why they need a bigger track and the drivers wouldn't need so many fingers to count the laps

Flashing Red
    With how much prizemoney they go for, IMHO some of that should be redirected into improving facilities and AT LEAST a 1000m track. While I have no problems with the Inters being in WA, I think it is such a shame for it to be on a tight little half mile track, especially when WA has better tracks available.

On the other hand, I salute the WAers for reverting back to the old 3 heats and final system. Awesome.

triplev123
    It's a shocker of a mistake but honestly...it's an honest mistake and Jnr gets 6 WEEKS?????????
    C'mon now WA Stewards. That's ordinary. Guys who intentionally do really shitty things get less time for their indiscretions.
    A little bit of penalty parity here would go a long, long way. I say NO NO NO, LET OUR JRN. GO!

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    incredibly harsh penalty - I agree

+ Reply to Thread