+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uncle Benjamin

Junior Member Weanling mo cushla will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    stuart watt
    Occupation
    Breeder

Uncle Benjamin

Why would you run 2.00 and sub 58 at the trials driven vigorously then go to the races and let them run a 34 plus quarter. Talking through my pocket but this was a tragedy beaten.
    Lesson learnt - no such thing as a certainty.

Inexperienced horse and novice driver - but seriously should have won easily.

Perhaps driver should have driven the horse to the line like it was driven at the trials.

Member Yearling ARTOFFICIAL will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Damien Saxon
    3rd horse went nice Mo ;-)))

aussiebreno
    Wouldn't even mention the 34 quarter, thats neither here nor there - the thing that got it beat was thinking he had it won the whole way up the straight (which he would have) and stopped driving. It's in on Wednesday and he was probably trying to give it a quiet one but boy oh boy I'd be mad if I'd backed it and I'd be looking for somewhere hide if I was the driver.

Member Gelding Just Saying will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Scott Crameri
    A bit harsh guys. He made a move in plenty of time to hit the front on straightening. And he continued to encourage it all up the straight. Why beat the poor horse on the odd chance that it would decide to have a nap 50m from home? Particularly when it decided to continue on in "nap mode" either after getting a smack with the whip. My not backing the Ballarat Cup winner at 100/1 was a much greater crime!

+ Reply to Thread