Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lonestar Legend

nat
    That's what I ment by sooner or later with his wealth and some good advice he will get what he desires even to the point when he went for outside trainers was a good thing I agree with everything your saying although his stallions aren't that bad they were just that little bit below the best going around at the time.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Nat
    Yes i agree that Mr Palmer's stallions aren't that bad but if you look at most of the Gr1 2 and 3yr old's over the last few years they have been won by horses by the better stallions and i'd say thats where Mr Palmer would like to be racing. And the money he spends on some of the horses from the states i don't understand why he doesn't go buy a few young ones at the Ready to Run sale or buy going horses out of n.z.

Member Yearling Jimmy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Sam Rawnsley
    Occupation
    Have to work, can't ma
    Yah he is not affraid to send the cash that's for sure, i think Lonestar Legend will start to show us all something very shortly, fingers crossed.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Jimmy
    I hope your right but i have my doubts as this time last year they were saying you'll see the best of this horse in 12months time well that is now. I'd like to see him driven different tonight i'd like to see him ping out and then hand up, the speed will be on so hopefully he can get out over the last 400m this is the only way i see him a winning chance.

Real Name
    Sam Rawnsley
    Occupation
    Have to work, can't ma
    Hi mango,
    i hear what you are saying, i have been waiting all year as well, just hope tonight will be his night, if Blake decide to hand up, which horse would you like to see him hand up to ? His run up in Qld was good when he sat back last and had one shot at the leaders, the only problem then was they flew home, but he did make ground.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Jimmy
    Looking at the race its hard to say who will push foward but if i had money on someone going foward it would be Our Malabar, Lance will have a take no prisioner approach which is great for racing so if he goes foward and Lonstar Legend is no further than 2 back the pegs he is in with a real shot. Looking in the trotguide they have got Magic Operative at 20-1 (way overs) he is actually the horse i think can win the Cordina Sprint.

Real Name
    Sam Rawnsley
    Occupation
    Have to work, can't ma
    Mango,
    yah lance will push forward, you can put your money on that ! Be Good Johnny would be the only one i would hand up to, we all know he can run a quick mile and he would take you nearly all the way, all depends if John is looking for the top end. Magic Operative is massive overs at that price! He is in this race with a massive show. Came late last week, Day will have him at his top tonight, I would bet Greg Bennett hopes that Blake holds the lead, he would not what to be 3 pegs with the old horse, but in saying that the first 3 past the post in the Newcastle mile all came from the peg line.

nat
    I hate to say it but I would like to see some of his horses in other hands, the trainers he has are good but they need to go to the next level even if that is another state sometimes you cannot leave all your eggs in one basket.

Real Name
    Sam Rawnsley
    Occupation
    Have to work, can't ma
    Would it be fair to say then nat, that you would like to see Paul Fitzpatrick take on a few more of his horses ?

nat
    Not just Fitzpatrick's but all over the place and other states place the horse where it is best suited, its good to have a base trainer to get them up and going but when they have reached their mark move them on somtimes a change of environment can do wonders for a horse.

+ Reply to Thread