Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stallion flops

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    I don't think you can rehab. a truly dead or dying branch of any maternal family but it's vital to know the circumstances surrounding them. In some cases some branches of a successful family may well appear to be dying or they may appear to have died...but in reality it has been illness or injury or poor nutritional care to successive members which has curtailed things. When a few lucky members finally make it through to the track sans being starved or struck by lightning or running into a fence or contracting colitus-x or whatever, the seemingly dead branch appears to have 'sprung back to life' when it was never really dead to begin with. Some do just inexplicably die in the arse however. For example, there's a branch of the great Black Watch family here in Oz that couldn't produce a winner in a one horse race.
    A little bit off track, but I remember in 1999 two G1 winning thoroughbred horses, Dignity Dancer and Miss Bailey (Miss Bailey won a G1 NZ 3200m race, Dignity Dancer a G1 over 1600m in Australia I think) came out of the same family that hadn't produced any winners in 6 or so generations. Obviously I read this 12 odd years ago but it struck me how a family that was no good for SO many generations produced 2 G1 winners in a season. lol.

Flashing Red
    For the exceptional horse that he was, IMHO Elsu has not sired anything remotely compared to him to date, and he got some very nice mares in his first few seasons... suppose there is still time. Courage Under Fire didn't "fire" in his first few seasons, but last season's 3yo Courage Under Fires were outstanding and while it took him a while he is on his way!

Member Gelding trotpace will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Red River Hanover
    Revenue

Junior Member Foal k8burger will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown

Aww, Revenue

I really like that horse. He is so handsome and I saw him win the Nat Ray (and got a pretty good payout on him that day too!) and really hoped he'd pan out as a stallion.

In actuality, as expected, they seem to be getting better with age. Hot Shot Blue Chip might be a force as an aged horse and Break the Bank K isn't anything to scoff at either. I think he had one or two good fillies competing at Pocono/Harrahs as well this year.

Did he go back to Sweden?

Real Name
    Unknown
    2011 will be his last in the USA.

The US blood line really needs a boost, hopefully a good amount of Revenue mares will get bred to help the gene pool.

Break the Bank K is his best, maybe someday he will be in the breeding shed and have some better babies.

Junior Member Foal k8burger will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by trotpace View Post
    2011 will be his last in the USA.

The US blood line really needs a boost, hopefully a good amount of Revenue mares will get bred to help the gene pool.

Break the Bank K is his best, maybe someday he will be in the breeding shed and have some better babies.

Revenue is still in the US?? Where is he standing?

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Life Sign left his best in NA, he breed big numbers for little result IMO. Breeding from his mares? will wait and see.

Real Name
    Unknown
    my mistake,

Revenue S stands his final season in 2010 as he will return to Sweden for the 2011 breeding season.

triplev123
    The flops that really fascinate me are the 'half flops' for want of a better description, the ones that in explicably come up short in one hemisphere despite having been successful in the other.
    Then there are those sires/sirelines that fire in NZ with their mare base but that can't get a winner to save themselves when bred to AUS maternal lines...and with the same applying to some sires/sirelines that fire here in AUS with our maternal lines but can't get hot in NZ when bred to theirs.

+ Reply to Thread