Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is NSW Harness racing better ???

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses

Thumbs up Is NSW Harness racing better ???

After all the rorting taking place that the investigation is looking at do you blokes think the racing has got better. the reason i ask is i think its getting back to the point form is form and not a ruse.I have given it some thought and will start to invest again on harness racing very soon if the racing keeps on improving.

The only beef i have with HRNSW is the first penalty was not severe enough all who get caught should be given life and go work in another industry no matter if they only did it once.

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    The only beef i have with HRNSW is the first penalty was not severe enough all who get caught should be given life and go work in another industry no matter if they only did it once.[/QUOTE]

Agree with this 100% if they want to cheat go elesewhere, why should we have to put up with the filthy scum that cheat to get the upper hand. Im so over them, how many positives have we had lately?????? It leaves a sour taste & the stewards should get rid of them from this sport. " Once a cheat always a cheat"
    Last edited by peteboss4; 02-08-2012 at 01:09 PM. Reason: added a bit

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker
    One or two run the gate, twice as many ease, they sit, they wait, they fan and sprint a furlong and a half.

That's 9 or every 10 races I watch in NSW but down from 9.25 before the crap hit the fan : )

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    Ohhhhh nooooooo im not investing just yet still there is too many iffy things happening for my liking

Banned Yearling TSW will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tim Watson
    My feeling about NSW Harness racing is that in different regions there are groups of collaborators controlling results at times (just a feeling about a good percentage of races that I have). Tracks in NSW other than Newc and Menangle are not conducive to good racing. Tamworth track is pathetic and Wagga isn't too far behind. Young and Albury also in the same category. Penrith, Dubbo and Canberra are just so-so. Goulburn looks like a good track but most races the result is in the first 2 or 3 around the corner. Most runners are off the bit at the 400 and rarely does anything come from back in the field there.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by TSW View Post
    My feeling about NSW Harness racing is that in different regions there are groups of collaborators controlling results at times (just a feeling about a good percentage of races that I have). Tracks in NSW other than Newc and Menangle are not conducive to good racing. Tamworth track is pathetic and Wagga isn't too far behind. Young and Albury also in the same category. Penrith, Dubbo and Canberra are just so-so. Goulburn looks like a good track but most races the result is in the first 2 or 3 around the corner. Most runners are off the bit at the 400 and rarely does anything come from back in the field there.
    Wagga >>>> Canberra

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Young<<<<<<<<<<Running around my dining room table.

Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by TSW View Post
    Your dead right about the collaboration, team driving is happening at every track. You must be from the Hunter Valley where its rife. Sydneys no better.
    The only tracks that you would put a horse around are Menangle or Newcastle, the sooner they either upgrade to 1000mt tracks the better or close down. HRNSW should put a plan in place for the redevelopement of such. Goulburns straight it too short for the sweeping bend at the last turn, nothing can make up ground. Newcastle has a sweeping bend but its the straight caters for this.
    Last edited by peteboss4; 02-10-2012 at 12:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    Young<<<<<<<<<<Running around my dining room table.
    Bulli............. its around my hubcap

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by peteboss4 View Post
    Bulli............. its around my hubcap
    Bulli (Linden Huntly), Leeton (Breeders Plate) and Bathurst (Crown) hope and pray nothing gallops on the first turn.

+ Reply to Thread