Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Corporates caught in a sting

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Great to see you back.
    Now for some sensible dialogue.
    INDEED!!! Luv ya work Triple!!

Cheers
    Luke and Paul

aussiebreno
    I'll give it 2 weeks until he's top of the post count again

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I'll give it 2 weeks until he's top of the post count again
    At a current count of 29 you shouldn't be far away with that assessment...!!!!

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    we couldnt get this thread back on the original topic could we

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    By and large I think Corporates are parasites. There you go Ringman. That should do it.

Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    By and large I think Corporates are parasites. There you go Ringman. That should do it.
    I love it when a punter gets jealous of a bookie he cant beat thats when you know you have them hook line and sinker then they tip every dollar into your bag.

Triple its a business not a game and winning is all that counts who cares what people think when your counting their money.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    I'm not jealous of them or anything of the sort Ringman. I've got friends who have worked and do work for them.
    I just don't think they remit their fair share of the action in return for the use of the Industry's race fields etc. That's why I think they're parasites. The outcome of the race fields legislation case is much awaited to say the least.
    That being said, there are MANY aspects to their (the Corporate's) respective operations that the TAB's could learn from and/or adopt with regard to the options they offer their customers.
    I can't help but think feel that the TAB has been/is in continual 'catch up football' mode when it comes to the current wagering landscape.
    They have had feet of clay for far too long now. I only needed to stand on the lawn on Miracle Mile night & watch a group of my mates with their all singing, all dancing ipads in hand & going at it hammer and tongs across multiple Totes, multiple Corporates and Betfair to fully realise just how much that wagering landscape has changed and be shocked by just how far the respective TAB's have to go if only to try and get to even terms with their competition.......let alone exceed anything that's on offer.

Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    I agree triple in corporates paying their dues.they want to use the product then pay simple that one. as for tabs the day will come when the lay option will be available to all punters because they must change or go further behind.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Quote Originally Posted by ringman View Post
    I agree triple in corporates paying their dues.they want to use the product then pay simple that one. as for tabs the day will come when the lay option will be available to all punters because they must change or go further behind.
    You only have to look at the setup of Englands thoroughbred racing and what the absence of a TAB does for the industry there. They have had the gambling industry monopolised by corporates and it has not fared well for prizemoney over there.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    You only have to look at the setup of Englands thoroughbred racing and what the absence of a TAB does for the industry there. They have had the gambling industry monopolised by corporates and it has not fared well for prizemoney over there.
    Spot on Grant, it doesn't matter what sort of game you're in, you need real, fair dinkum competition between the players to get a an improved result, handing the reins over to one mob or the the other is not the answer nor is giving one sector a leg-up on their competition, as is currently the case with the corporates.
    They, like any other mob in business want everything they can get for as little expense as possible!

But they need to pay their fair share towards the production and maintenance of the product! Once this has been settled ( hopefully fairly) the corporates will pay their share and the TAB will get more competitive in the betting medium market and everyone will be better off.

+ Reply to Thread