+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Corporates caught in a sting

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Just to put in my two bob's worth here re. corporates.They initially said that they would go broke if they had to pay the same as the Totes and took Uncle Tom Cobbly and all to court,looking for a ruling that would say that they did not have to pay the extra.
    As a condition of the application the corporates had to pay in the difference between what they had been paying and what they would be required to pay if the case was won by the racing/pacing/chasing industries.
    This they have done since the start of the case and the amount now held by the authorities, pending the outcome of the case, is in the high tens of millions,and how many corporates have gone broke in this period?
    Really,that many?

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by 2minuteman View Post
    Just to put in my two bob's worth here re. corporates.They initially said that they would go broke if they had to pay the same as the Totes and took Uncle Tom Cobbly and all to court,looking for a ruling that would say that they did not have to pay the extra.
    As a condition of the application the corporates had to pay in the difference between what they had been paying and what they would be required to pay if the case was won by the racing/pacing/chasing industries.
    This they have done since the start of the case and the amount now held by the authorities, pending the outcome of the case, is in the high tens of millions,and how many corporates have gone broke in this period?
    Really,that many?[/QUOTE]
    Yeah Ron, like years ago when there was a big push for superannuation for ALL employees, not just Government and mining as was then the case, I remember the employers organisations ( their term for union) fighting it tooth and nail and their biggest spiel " we will become uncompetitive and go out of business if we have to pay this", like I said earlier people will have something for nothing if you let them have it for nothing and then they'll turn around and sell it back to you.

+ Reply to Thread