+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Harness Racing Documentary

Junior Member Foal jasarsenault1278 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    jason arsenault

Harness Racing Documentary

Hello everyone -

This past summer I shot a documentary about one of Canada's longest lasting and most prestigious harness racing events, The Gold Cup and Saucer, which takes place every year on the east coast of Canada on Prince Edward Island.

I recognize that this doesn't have anything to do with racing in your part of the world, but I thought that some of you might be interested in our racing heritage and tradition!

Hope you enjoy.

www.exhibitiondrive.com

Jason
    Last edited by jasarsenault1278; 02-09-2012 at 04:36 AM.

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    I have just started to watch and its very well put together im sure i will enjoy this .

Thank you Jason for posting the link.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Just finished watching the film Jason, congratulations to all involved, this is a classy piece of work that captures and displays all the ingredients that make harness racing such an addictive game.
    Thanks so much for posting this here, I know there will be many who enjoy watching this, once again congratulations!

Cheers,

Dan

Real Name
    jason arsenault
    Thanks for the kind words Ringman and Dan!

Jason

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    Really enjoyed this, showed it all, the work involved, the trainers,drivers,build up to the race itself,loved the spotlight on the final runners, (used to do that with the Miracle Mile at HP) even down to parking for $3. Very well done Jason

Real Name
    jason arsenault
    Thanks Pete! Glad you enjoyed it!

Jason

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Loved it mate, Well Done !!

I've recently returned from a 3 year stint in the States, went to Ca twice for NA Cup. The Gold Cup and Saucer is definitely on my to do list when I head back there next year.

Cheers !!

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Thanks for posting that Jason. Most appreciated. When I get some quiet around here later on tonight I'll sit down & watch it.
    How's Norman Hall going these days? Is he still there on PEI? He used to have some wicked breeding and equine genetics related debates on the old Post Parade list. That was back when Curt Greene was still alive. He and Norman used to go at it head to head. Luca Derrico & Rick Spierman used to get involved in some of them as well. They used to produce some really interesting threads.

Member Gelding NormanS will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Norman Schwarz
    Occupation
    Franchise Owner
    Horses
    Love This Dragon, Aussie Melody, Love Th

Thanks.

Thanks for this. Started watching then got called into work. Sort of looks like our Bathurst Gold Crown Carnival only on a Grander Scale. Be interesting to see if something similar could be done for the Perth Inters or even this or next years Crown.

Will watch the rest of it tonight

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Spent a lazy Friday morning with cuppa in hand, sat back and enjoyed every moment of your REAL portrayal of all facets of the sport. Absolutely loved how it was done with NO commentary. The silence accompanied only by the sounds of gear and horsemen, hooves and track, and the course announcer with no B.S music was wunderbar. Thankyou for the experience. Bravo!!!

+ Reply to Thread