+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lauren Panella....28 Days.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Not sure what you are on about ringman because the stewards only charged Ms Panella with aspects of her drive from the 350 meters.. so clearly they accepted her drive and the explanations offered to that point, so what happened at the 500m is of no consequence.

It is like so many things discussed on the forum you need to see the head on to have an informed opinion as to if there is a breach or not, if there is a run to the inside that you could have driven a truck through then the stewards may well be right without the head on it is impossible to tell, so I will not offer an opinion one way or the other on the drive.

My understanding is that Lauren Panella started her harness racing career in NEWCASTLE where she progressed from a successful equestrian rider to Harness Racing .... I am pretty confident the only other members of her family now in harness racing are her mum who straps one or two and her little sister who drives mini trotters. perhaps one of them upset you as well as for a brother I think your on the wrong track... regardless it was a comment in very poor taste.
    Last edited by teecee; 02-10-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    I say at the 500 because she mentions it
    Last edited by teecee; 02-10-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Member Yearling Daryl New will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daryl New
    Occupation
    horse trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Daryl, Jock Wallaces trainer, has in the past posted on the forum. It would be interesting to get his opinion of the horse and what he thought of Laurens drive.
    Had to get a new login, thus my abscence.
    I have a lot of respect for Lauren and no issues with her drive at all. Don't want to say anything else at this point, other than to say that I have requested that the enquiry be reopened to hear unpresented evidence.
    As far as the horse goes he is a nice horse, honest with speed, however when a field slows from 27 to 32.1 some horses will resent/be unable to come back comfortably and get on the bit. Her evidence was accurate in my view and she drove to instructions. The Stewards were entitled to ask questions as he was second fav I think.

Member Yearling Daryl New will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daryl New
    Occupation
    horse trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Daryl New View Post
    Had to get a new login, thus my abscence.
    I have a lot of respect for Lauren and no issues with her drive at all. Don't want to say anything else at this point, other than to say that I have requested that the enquiry be reopened to hear unpresented evidence.
    As far as the horse goes he is a nice horse, honest with speed, however when a field slows from 27 to 32.1 some horses will resent/be unable to come back comfortably and get on the bit. Her evidence was accurate in my view and she drove to instructions. The Stewards were entitled to ask questions as he was second fav I think.
    Update
    Spoke to the Chairman of the Meeting who referred me to the Chief steward with my evidence/explanation as to why I believed that the incident happened. Let us just say he was not interested as he was not the Steward on duty on the day, declined to take any evidence as it was irrelevant and would not be admissable at appeal. I put up my hands in surrender and left. He did say other things but I wont repeat here. Dare I say anything else, not at this time. Darren ring me.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by Daryl New View Post
    Update
    Spoke to the Chairman of the Meeting who referred me to the Chief steward with my evidence/explanation as to why I believed that the incident happened. Let us just say he was not interested as he was not the Steward on duty on the day, declined to take any evidence as it was irrelevant and would not be admissable at appeal. I put up my hands in surrender and left. He did say other things but I wont repeat here. Dare I say anything else, not at this time. Darren ring me.

Daryl, don't say anything on here that would put you in an awkward position. Poor Lauren has copped it in the neck. You don't need to be added to the charge sheet.

They would probably hit you with a furphy out of the ARL rule book - 'bringing the sport into disrepute'. Hang on, I am sure they already have that hanging over them at present.

Member Filly thepacingman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Walsh
    Long time reader, first time poster but am i missing the point here or something.

The stewards report says she was charged under rule 149(2).
    My point being the report also says "L Panella pleaded guilty".
    So all the comments in previous posts about her getting a bum wrap are irrelevant.
    If Panella thought so, surely she would have said not guilty and fought the charge tooth and nail.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Hi Stephen

When I posted a week ago that Lauren should appeal the decision I realised immediately that that was even more bone-headed than the stewards findings and penaltys. Got me.

However if the stewards are going to be pinging drives like that, they are barking up the wrong tree. If they want to investigate questionable drives they should head up to Newcastle or out to Bathurst

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    However if the stewards are going to be pinging drives like that, they are barking up the wrong tree. If they want to investigate questionable drives they should head up to Newcastle or out to Bathurst
    Add Leeton, Wagga, Albury etc to that.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Why are some drive's not questioned when it seem's so obvious to untrained people like us that they should be ?
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Member Gelding Lenem will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lenny Bagle
    Have you never stood in a TAB agency and seen the reaction oF "Joe Punter" to just about any losing drive,especially a favourite ? What seems obvious to the "untrained person" is surprisingly not always correct , which is precisely why "trained" people are employed to do the job !

+ Reply to Thread