Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: BOOM.....McCarthy Positive.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    I am loathe to putting anything on this forum that I cannot back up but on the presence of boldenone in a horse, I found something somewhere on the net last night which for the life of me I can't find tonight but if you would take me at my word it described that the level that horses are tested at gives a very liberal buffer between what is produced naturally against what is introduced to the animal by other means. In other words if the sample exceeds the accepted level there is a high probability that it was not produced naturally.

Or maybe it was just an exceptionally well conformed filly that may have caught Machs eye that night that might have sent his juices into overdrive.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Sorry to come into this so late i've been taking a well earned break in Thailand and trying to resist the temptation to look on the net.

This swab is clearly an error at the lab or in the collection of the swab. As has been previously stated bolderone is long lasting and there is no way that a horse can test negative shortly before and shortly after and have a positive in between.

One must question HRNSW's decision to make this information public before holding further investigations to determine where the error has been made. This will clearly damage Luke's image and is going to cost him plenty to defend.

I always thought he always brought so much of what was lacking in harness racing and with some clever marketing could have been better used as an ambassador of the sport.

Luke has been subjected to unfair treatment since he moved to NSW and if it was in a workplace you would call it harassment Harness stewards have spent entire days camped at his stables before race meetings. No other trainer in history has had this level of scrutiny placed on them.

So witch hunt yields results Stewards get there man for now. The court of public opinion has the bloke hung already and tall poppy syndrome remains a pretty ugly reflection of humanity.

No need to worry Brad, Tiny has sorted it all out, as per above, just as well someones on the ball hey?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Sorry to come into this so late i've been taking a well earned break in Thailand and trying to resist the temptation to look on the net.

This swab is clearly an error at the lab or in the collection of the swab. As has been previously stated bolderone is long lasting and there is no way that a horse can test negative shortly before and shortly after and have a positive in between.

One must question HRNSW's decision to make this information public before holding further investigations to determine where the error has been made. This will clearly damage Luke's image and is going to cost him plenty to defend.

I always thought he always brought so much of what was lacking in harness racing and with some clever marketing could have been better used as an ambassador of the sport.

Luke has been subjected to unfair treatment since he moved to NSW and if it was in a workplace you would call it harassment Harness stewards have spent entire days camped at his stables before race meetings. No other trainer in history has had this level of scrutiny placed on them.

So witch hunt yields results Stewards get there man for now. The court of public opinion has the bloke hung already and tall poppy syndrome remains a pretty ugly reflection of humanity.
    But could a masking agent hide Boldenone, in which case it could be possible that one time out of 3 the masking agent failed or was incorrectly administered.
    Down here in Vic I have formed no opinion on LM but seeing as though you were arguing on the grounds of logic, I thought you might be able to answer whether the above is not a possible scenario
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    Yes there could be a masking agent.

Yes there could be bunyups in the back yard.

But in this case you have to look at the balance of probablitys and that suggests that there has been some type of error made.

If the rumered second swab for the same thing from the same night turns up. It will be quite obvious that there has been contamination during the collection of the swabs on that night.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Yes there could be a masking agent.

Yes there could be bunyups in the back yard.

But in this case you have to look at the balance of probablitys and that suggests that there has been some type of error made.

If the rumered second swab for the same thing from the same night turns up. It will be quite obvious that there has been contamination during the collection of the swabs on that night.
    MY BAD - you clearly are not arguing on a point of logic after all or else you would not argue that

The existence of Masking Agents in Harness Racing = The chance there is bunyups (bunyips even) in the back yard
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Banned Gelding murray green will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    murray green
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    But could a masking agent hide Boldenone, in which case it could be possible that one time out of 3 the masking agent failed or was incorrectly administered.
    Down here in Vic I have formed no opinion on LM but seeing as though you were arguing on the grounds of logic, I thought you might be able to answer whether the above is not a possible scenario
    Hi Kev . When these steroids are used the animals are worked up on them . Their work can be increased well past what a normal animal could acheive making them extremely fit and increasing their red blood cells to the same extent that EPO does . The use is cut out and the horses body tries very quickly to restore the levels to normal . The first few runs are usually mind blowing . While the horse is being worked up , its body stops production of the steroid trying to restore normal levels . once stopped the normal levels are acheived quite quickly but the effects last for a much longer time . After a while , the levels decrease past normal levels because the body hasn't caught up and booster shots are usually administered in smaller doses . This fits with the positive only showing up at Newcastle and not before or after . Performances drop off fairly quickly once the effects slow down and horses usually spelled . Booster shots will keep them up for longer , but you run the risk of being found out . The best chance of finding abusers is by out of race testing horses that are being worked up . eg now would be the perfect time to test 3YOs aimed at the NSW derby . Abuse of these steroids is certainly unhealthy and IMO could be seen as cruelty . 51 wrestlers have died in the past 15 years because of steroid abuse . The levels set by the authorities is fail safe and any that excede these levels are certainly because of administration . The time that these steroids remain performance enhancing far , far excedes the time that they would be detectable .

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks for all that info Murray. I reckon it also makes things a little clearer for me in regard to cycling - the other sport I followed keenly during my lengthy spell away from harness. I remember 20yrs ago reading a story about a very successful trainer in the US who's answer to why he moved on all his stable at 3 (only trained 2yo) - because he did not want to compete against the chemists!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    BOOM Another positive swab for boldenone, this time Karloo Kix

Member Yearling bbd will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Colin Douglass
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    BOOM Another positive swab for boldenone, this time Karloo Kix
    Watch out Brad!

I posted this about an hour ago and they deleted it!! Didn't tell me why - just did.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by bbd View Post
    Watch out Brad!

I posted this about an hour ago and they deleted it!! Didn't tell me why - just did.
    I am only posting what is on the public record.

+ Reply to Thread