Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: BOOM.....McCarthy Positive.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    I cant believe some of the postings on here. I was always under the impression that you were innocent until proven guilty but sadly not in Australia. Just from an outside prospective it would seem far from an open and shut case. Boldenone remains in the body a long time and for the horse in question to race either side of the *POSTIVE* and not have further positives tests for Boldenone raises serious questions. What would trigger a higher reading on one occassion and not on the others. Is it possible to have a postive one time and negative the next when Boldenone is in your system. I will leave that to the experts to fathom but what I wont do is condem someone until all the facts have been heard in the approiate forum. Once all the information is out in the public domain , I will then be able to make an informed decision on the rights and wrongs of this case. To do so before then is to do so from a position of ignorance.
    Based on all that has been written here your question on how it can be high one week and normal the next is valid. It was mentioned on TV last night that the reading could be as high as 4 times the limit, thats big and you would think not natural. With all the overseas work done to create stimulates (their always ahead of the officials) could there be a NEW formula available which is not supposed to be long lasting. Don't know myself but something doesn't seem right on what we read. This is going to be very interesting to watch.

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    I for one dont know but as i posted in post 11 on this thread there is a thing called a masking agent which disguises the drugs.Whether this is the case or not time will tell but HE has had a positive from 2 places so is guilty as it is a trainers duty to present a horse at the races drug free and this horse on this occasion wasnt.

Banned Colt Old Frank will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post

I for one dont know but as i posted in post 11 on this thread there is a thing called a masking agent which disguises the drugs.Whether this is the case or not time will tell but HE has had a positive from 2 places so is guilty as it is a trainers duty to present a horse at the races drug free and this horse on this occasion wasnt.
    I'm sorry, your saying 'HE' as you put it, I assume you mean McCarthy now has a 2nd positive? If so, where, or please forgive me upfront for having missed it somewhere?

Has there been an announcement?

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Frank View Post
    I'm sorry, your saying 'HE' as you put it, I assume you mean McCarthy now has a 2nd positive? If so, where, or please forgive me upfront for having missed it somewhere?

Has there been an announcement?
    What i meant was that the swab has been analysed by 2 labs and both positive so no mistake the horse returned a positive and i repeat it is the trainers responsibility to present a horse to the races drug free.
    If he is innocent of charge i hope he gets out of it but as it looks he isnt and must be dealt with.

Banned Colt Old Frank will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post

What i meant was that the swab has been analysed by 2 labs and both positive so no mistake the horse returned a positive and i repeat it is the trainers responsibility to present a horse to the races drug free.

If he is innocent of charge i hope he gets out of it but as it looks he isnt and must be dealt with.

No probs, mistook your original comments.

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    Sorry to come into this so late i've been taking a well earned break in Thailand and trying to resist the temptation to look on the net.

This swab is clearly an error at the lab or in the collection of the swab. As has been previously stated bolderone is long lasting and there is no way that a horse can test negative shortly before and shortly after and have a positive in between.

One must question HRNSW's decision to make this information public before holding further investigations to determine where the error has been made. This will clearly damage Luke's image and is going to cost him plenty to defend.

I always thought he always brought so much of what was lacking in harness racing and with some clever marketing could have been better used as an ambassador of the sport.

Luke has been subjected to unfair treatment since he moved to NSW and if it was in a workplace you would call it harassment Harness stewards have spent entire days camped at his stables before race meetings. No other trainer in history has had this level of scrutiny placed on them.

So witch hunt yields results Stewards get there man for now. The court of public opinion has the bloke hung already and tall poppy syndrome remains a pretty ugly reflection of humanity.

Junior Member Yearling William will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    William Child
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Sorry to come into this so late i've been taking a well earned break in Thailand and trying to resist the temptation to look on the net.

This swab is clearly an error at the lab or in the collection of the swab. As has been previously stated bolderone is long lasting and there is no way that a horse can test negative shortly before and shortly after and have a positive in between.

One must question HRNSW's decision to make this information public before holding further investigations to determine where the error has been made. This will clearly damage Luke's image and is going to cost him plenty to defend.

I always thought he always brought so much of what was lacking in harness racing and with some clever marketing could have been better used as an ambassador of the sport.

Luke has been subjected to unfair treatment since he moved to NSW and if it was in a workplace you would call it harassment Harness stewards have spent entire days camped at his stables before race meetings. No other trainer in history has had this level of scrutiny placed on them.

So witch hunt yields results Stewards get there man for now. The court of public opinion has the bloke hung already and tall poppy syndrome remains a pretty ugly reflection of humanity.
    Thanks for sorting that out Andy. Obviously an error in the swabbing procedure indeed. He must be innocent because he is so good for the game. I will email the stewards and let them know.

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    No need William I've already sent an email to Sam Nati. But thanks for the offer.

Member Gelding The Rainmaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Eric Strong

At a quick glance I thought your name read Andy McCarthy next to your post there.....

I guess the next trainer who's name should be announced shortly with another Boldenone positive was at the mercy of a lab error or poor swabbing procedures as well.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly

This swab is clearly an error at the lab or in the collection of the swab. Well,that's fixed that then!
    As has been previously stated bolderone is long lasting and there is no way that a horse can test negative shortly before and shortly after and have a positive in between.

One must question HRNSW's decision to make this information public before holding further investigations to determine where the error has been made. Much,much better that we have rumours of all sorts being spread around the place eh?
    This will clearly damage Luke's image and is going to cost him plenty to defend.

So witch hunt yields results Stewards get there man for now.A positive swab is now a witch hunt???
    The court of public opinion has the bloke hung already and tall poppy syndrome remains a pretty ugly reflection of humanity.
    Any chance of due process here?

+ Reply to Thread