Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: BOOM.....McCarthy Positive.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    When you get caught by the breathalyser, you are either LOW, MEDIUM or HIGH, penalties are dished out on the level achieved........if they want total transparency with their operation, they must release the level as a matter of course!

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    That will only start to happen when they publish full hearing transcripts.
    It can only obtain total transparency when they give up the job of judge / jury as well as prosecutor.

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    I agree with what you saying but harness racing see it as it doesn't matter ever way your still pissed.

I think I am correct in saying many substances the higher the level the bigger the effect.. I think it also can give an indication of wether it was administered accidentally or maliciously and also how long ago as the level reduces as it is metabolized.

Real Name
    Andy Macole
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    That will only start to happen when they publish full hearing transcripts.
    It can only obtain total transparency when they give up the job of judge / jury as well as prosecutor.
    Spot on

That system serves well on race day to get a result by the next race. At major enquires away from the track they should have someone other than the stewards act as judge.

Junior Member Foal beecee will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Barry Coote
    Can anyone tell me why the winners of Race no 4 and 7 were not swabbed last Tuesday at Menangle?

Real Name
    Andy Macole
    Because swabbing is to expensive. Sam Nati made front page trot guide news by announcing the same policy that has been in place for the last 30 years.

While ever all winners are not swabed there will be allocations a stewards taking money in the same way we have seen and the temptation for it to accrue again.

I would have thought this one was a no brainer.

Banned Gelding murray green will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    murray green
    Quote Originally Posted by TSW View Post
    I'm not a Chemist, Pathologist or a Big Bang Theory cast member and I'm certainly not going to read all the literature out there availble on these topics as my brain would explode. I'm relying on the smarties on this site that know a thing or two about how these things work. The way I see it, if there is a substance in your system, it's in your system. Any 'masking' agent used to hide a substance would, in my mind only diminish the potency of the substance being used if only lower readings are obtained. Have tests been conducted to verify that 'masking agents' do work or is that just another theory applied to the rules on speculation?
    Hi Tim . Read post 86 on page 9 in this thread . These steroids don't have to be in the horses system to have received a massive advantage . Working horses up on these steroids builds their muscle mass , increases their red blood cell count to a level like EPO . These effects last for months even when their levels return to normal .

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    That's correct TC. No more detail avalible other than what is in the media brief and they appear to be a templet that you just change the name and substance and penalty.

Full transcripts of appeals are published though.
    I just found one of these media releases. Using a template alright..!!
    It's an absolute nonsense. It says quote in part.." the prohibited substance total carbon dioxide plasma" unquote.
    There is no such thing as this and none of these are prohibited nor do they have a threshold.
    the term is "total carbon dioxide in plasma" in excess of the specified threshold of....

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Good get teecee never noticed that before, you would think if you appealed you would get off for under a technicality for not having the right wording on the charge sheet ?
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Good get teecee never noticed that before, you would think if you appealed you would get off for under a technicality for not having the right wording on the charge sheet ?
    [VVV] The problem as I see it is that unfortunately, by & large those doing the charging are only marginally sharper that those being charged. Essentially...in the land of the blind it is old mate, the one-eyed man, who is King.
    It also relies on the fact that for the most part participants simply do not have the financial wherewithal to mount any sort of a half reasonable legal challenge, so even in such instances where charge sheets are worded as poorly as that one appears to have been...they stand.
    Total Carbon Dioxide Plasma is a prohibited substance as well now eh? Jesus wept...and did so profusely.

+ Reply to Thread