Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: BOOM.....McCarthy Positive.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post

So are you saying that on this forum - unusual for its real ID requirement, that you think unlike any other forum, our mods should not have some identifier in their ID so that readers new or first time - know that they are a mod?

Forget any ingrained desire to brown nose - simply answer the above question
    Very strange response. All I am doing is simply answering your question of where to find out who are the mods of this forum.

Update: The forum moderators now have the title "Super Moderator" showing under their nickname next to their posts.
    Last edited by David Summers; 02-17-2012 at 01:13 AM.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Take it easy David. It's really no dramas.

Regards

Jaimie

Banned Weanling Zyuganov Leis will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Stewart
    "[VVV] I can understand that to a degree but the Lord helps those who help themselves.

Standing at the bar at yearling sales drinking beers and burbons doesn't ever get it done.

Anyone only needed to be in attendance at the Sydney APG and the day prior and make note of the bigger team NSW Trainers who were there...and how hard they were working in terms of looking at yearlings to get a fair heads up on who is serious and who is not...at least at the deeper end of the pool. Luke was out there, Barry was there, as were Neil Day, Peter Rixon, Peter Russo and from what I saw that was pretty much it. Maybe I have done others a big disservice & they also were there but I didn't see them.

Outside of NSW...Mark Purdon and Natalie were there on Saturday whilst Andy Gath, Noel Alexander & Jayne Davies all never stopped looking both on Saturday and Sunday. It's as always the old story. The harder you work the luckier you get. END."

You musn't have saw Dennis Wilson (brought a couple), Blake Fitzpatrick (brought a couple plus getting the nice ones brought by Liam O'Connor), Mark Purdon and Natalie Rasmussan who all spent the entire Friday afternoon inspecting lot after lot.

Trainers who whinge about other trainers getting 'all the good horses' should get off the ass and put in, prospect new clients, cultivate existing, pr themselves and stop whining.

if your training, it's your business, promote it like everyone else does in outside industry everyday of the week. 90% of trainers bloody whinge about the game and they don't have a good horse like it's the right to get one, yet don't do a thing to try and get one.

I know one consignee on Sunday who promoted her stock really well, and I heard other's knock her for "being a bloody pr machine" yet she went home with all three (3) sold and two (2) of those, WELL above her expectations. She loves the game, works her tale off and got the rewards.

90% of trainers wouldn't even put out a newsletter to their clients or even have a website. It's 2012 ladies and gentleman and they run 1.51 not 2.00 like 'back in the day' so get up, get with it and go and attract owners to your barn.

TJ was the best and a forerunner at it, Gai followed suit and now every galloping stable has a 'racing manager' constantly pr'ing and communicating to their clients, media and the marketplace. Harness trainers still walk around talking about 'back in the day' and their 'one big plunge' at Upper Combucta West many moons ago, blah, blah, blah, boorrring!!!
    Last edited by teecee; 02-17-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyuganov Leis;17386

You musn't have saw Dennis Wilson (brought a couple), Blake Fitzpatrick (brought a couple plus getting the nice ones brought by Liam O'Connor), Mark Purdon and Natalie Rasmussan who all spent the entire Friday afternoon inspecting lot after lot.

[B
    [VVV] Wasn't out there on Friday so I didn't see Dennis nor Blake. As I noted I did see Mark & Natalie on Saturday around mid morning. It's no coincidence that those who do the legwork tend to get the results.[/B]

Trainers who whinge about other trainers getting 'all the good horses' should get off the ass and put in, prospect new clients, cultivate existing, pr themselves and stop whining.

[VVV] That's it in a nutshell. I get the impression that a lot of the public trainers are still back in the days where they expect if they stand around long enough that horses to just fall into their laps.

, if your training, it's your business, promote it like everyone else does in outside industry everyday of the week. 90% of trainers bloody whinge about the game and they don't have a good horse like it's the right to get one, yet don't do a thing to try and get one.
    [VVV] Spot on. Coudln't agree more.

I know one consignee on Sunday who promoted her stock really well, and I heard other's knock her for "being a bloody pr machine" yet she went home with all three (3) sold and two (2) of those, WELL above her expectations. She loves the game, works her tale off and got the rewards.
    [VVV] I know who you are talking about. She did an excellent job. Hard to expect others to believe in your stock if you give the impression you don't believe in them.

90% of trainers wouldn't even put out a newsletter to their clients or even have a website. It's 2012 ladies and gentleman and they run 1.51 not 2.00 like 'back in the day' so get up, get with it and go and attract owners to your barn.
    [VVV] Testify Borther Craig. Couldn't agree more.

TJ was the best and a forerunner at it, Gai followed suit and now every galloping stable has a 'racing manager' constantly pr'ing and communicating to their clients, media and the marketplace. Harness trainers still walk around talking about 'back in the day' and their 'one big plunge' at Upper Combucta West many moons ago, blah, blah, blah, boorrring!!!
    [VVV] True again.
    Regards

Jaimie
    Last edited by teecee; 02-17-2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: buggered up the font/bold thing...hope it's clear enough

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Here Here to all the above, to many are stuck in the old way's and wont change so i suppose "you can't help those who wont help themselves".
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Junior Member Weanling Drivemecrazy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tazmin Hellior
    Occupation
    business
    INteresting read. I have been away on business and not had a chance to catch up. Has there been any response from the Mcarthy stable? I think someone put down the google answers to what the substance is, but i dont think that it explained really why you would use the drug Boldenone. I dont know much about this colt, so How old is he, where was he previously, and is there any record of this drug being given to him as a younger horse? just asking as it seems to be more of a cell building drug, and with such a long half life ..

Could be interesting to follow from this perspective.

I do hope that this is sorted out fast.

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    The only thing said publicly was by father John in the SMH. He said an im paraphrasing Luke won't be driving Mr feelgood he's staying home to sort out the positive. We think there has been an error made in the way the swab was collected at Newcastle boldenone is long lasting and you can't have clean swabs shortly previously and shortly after.

Privately Luke is shattered and at a complete loss to explain it and had no knowledge of what boldenone even was previous to this.

Junior Member Weanling Drivemecrazy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tazmin Hellior
    Occupation
    business
    I guess that he would be shattered. I personally think that this would have to be a mistake. Having met the family, it does not seem plausable. With the other positive on the night it does make for a very unusual case. Good luck to them in getting his name cleared quickly.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Kaybee, this case is in the balance, it is completely unusual, let's not make derogatory accusations..........this one is now best left to the inquiry.......but I still would like to know what level od Boldenone was found, surely that can be released after 2 separate analysts have dealt with the swabs.
    Luke has a large stable of horses and no previous misdemeanours...........surely he is innocent, until proven otherwise!
    Last edited by David Summers; 02-21-2012 at 10:22 AM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    What happened to Kaybee's post..............he was entitled to his thoughts???

+ Reply to Thread