Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: BOOM.....McCarthy Positive.

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    This is not the McCarthys but another trainer in another era once said to a friend of mine.
    Dont ask me what im using ask me what im masking it with

Banned Gelding Stonie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Paul Stone
    Occupation
    Concretor
    I bet HarnessLink will have it on their website before HRNSW........as usual.

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbillydeluxe View Post
    What will be interesting is- what will the penalty be?
    This is EXCATLY where SAM needs to stand up & be counted...........its not bicarb. Steroid use is abusive & cruel.

Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    Anabolic steroids are used by athletes, although their use is banned in most major sports. They are performance enhancing drugs that will build up bigger muscles and give longer endurance. Anabolic steroids are illegal in horse racing, although some trainers still use these drugs on horses to make them run faster and give them more endurance on the track. These drugs can be discovered when drug testing the animal at which time they will usually be disqualified from a race. However, since not all horse racing is tightly regulated, especially in the case of harness racing, these drugs are often used before a race in an effort to get a horse to speed up. Four steroids that are used for horses that are banned are stanozolol, boldenone, nandrolene and testosterone.

Read more: http://www.testcountry.org/3-most-common-performance-enhancing-drugs-steroids-in-horse-racing.htm#ixzz1mEdqmqC8

Boldenone.

Banned Yearling TSW will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tim Watson
    Quote Originally Posted by M.John View Post
    You all seem pleased to hear this ... Again one of the reasons this industry is up shit creek, people enjoying other people not having success. Seems to me that the majority of you people seem to use other people's demise as your own success because you are yourself incapable.

The bottom line here is tha once again the only publicity this industry is going to get is going to be bad. But the only view that will be given in this forum is of the numerous people who have been jealous of Lukes success trying to tell everyone how big of a cheat he is.
    One of the most IDIOTIC comments ever written on any Forum. People do not begrudge anyone's success if attained from hard work, honesty and completely by the rules.
    This news, which i knew about nealry 2 weeks ago has CONFIRMED everyone's suspicions about L Mc. The Golden Child, The Harmess Racing Poster Boy. The performances of his sunsequent runners hold testament to his guilt in CHEATING Owners, Drivers and Trainers out of what probably was rightly theirs. Let's see how many bandwagon jumpers now disembark this sinking ship. No doubt, Luke McCarthy can train a horse but not improve them laps to the detriment of previous trainers, NO WAY. This may only be one positive at the moment and wether they re test other swabs is problematical. The other near certainty is that L Mc will have a plausible excuse and this will assist in lessening the penalty that he gets. One problem he will have is seeing where he is going as he will be walking around with his head hung in shame.
    For the L Mc diehards, and let us call you Cleopatras as you will all be in denial, look at this objectively if you can but you probably won't be able to bear that for the sake of losing sleep ove r the fact that your God has been found out.

Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    [QUOTE=Stonie;16966]Well said Pete.
    He will still be seen as a "great trainer" as commonly referred to on here.

Not by the people who have been trying to make an HONEST living he won't

Banned Gelding Stonie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Paul Stone
    Occupation
    Concretor
    Peteboss ... All I simply care about is the state of the game and once again more and more negative publicity is going to arise. I've never been a massive Luke fan, was a fan of all upping his horses and making a dollar or two. He got a positive, great, give him his 6 or 12 months and he'll be back. You don't like cheats ... Well being involved with anything that has money involved. I dont like people taking PLEASURE in a wonderful industry slowly demising. I bet you got a kick out of being the first to break the bad news and were happy to hear it. If you really cared about the industry you would have never wanted to hear it.
    Well Im happy you made money from his cheating....
    Others with TCo2 positives on here got smashed.
    Steroids are much much worse and would probably explain a handful of his horses becoming very ill over the last few months of his domination by cheating.
    Quite often Luke McCarthy trained horses are rough in the score-up as I would be if filled with a unfamiliar substance.
    Last edited by teecee; 02-13-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Banned Yearling TSW will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tim Watson
    Peteboss ... . All I simply care about is the state of the game and once again more and more negative publicity is going to arise. I've never been a massive Luke fan, was a fan of all upping his horses and making a dollar or two. He got a positive, great, give him his 6 or 12 months and he'll be back. You don't like cheats ... Well being involved with anything that has money involved. I dont like people taking PLEASURE in a wonderful industry slowly demising. I bet you got a kick out of being the first to break the bad news and were happy to hear it. If you really cared about the industry you would have never wanted to hear it.
    Michael, many have been sitting on this news for a while now but unable to divulge and details until official confirmation was made. It's simply a case of the floodgates opening up full throttle. No one is gaing delight in the fact that Harness racing has been further been dragged through the slime but that the supposed Wonder Boy that most knew has been cheating, has been caught out. To turn Cinderella into Ben Johnson just by traditional training methods is hard for anyone to swallow. The Topic is about L McCarthy's positive, let the people have their say.
    Last edited by teecee; 02-13-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Member Yearling hillbillydeluxe will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Michael Freeman
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    now-Generals Daughter & Passaic River
    The penalty should be severe being a steroid but what worries me is, are the powers to be going to allow that to happen? due to his exposure etc or do they really do the right thing and make it known in the industry that IT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm , he will suffer somewhat as publicly everyone knows that it is not as if his horse was in a paddock and had a hi bi carb scenario/exscuse. he no doubt will have top legal representation.

Member Yearling M.John will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    No shit, I could tell you how much the stuff he's been using costs, that will explain why hobbie trainers horses don't go as good. (only from what I've been told) I really dont care if he got life. I'm not some diehard fan of lukes. He makes the races boring when everyone else is too scared to take him on and he gets gifted the race. All I'm trying to say is that it's not good news for the industry, more bad publicity. But I guess most of you have been waiting for this day when you can publicly slam Luke so go for it. I really couldn't care.

+ Reply to Thread