Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What are the chances

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain

What are the chances

In our house the fillies greatly out number the colts. The idea has been thrown around
    that an increase in numbers is not to far away, so what can I do to help my chances of getting a colt?

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Starship Captain View Post
    In our house the fillies greatly out number the colts. The idea has been thrown around
    that an increase in numbers is not to far away, so what can I do to help my chances of getting a colt?
    G'day Jason,
    there is a theory that this is influenced by the male's Chromosone make up, but I guess you've already checked that out ( anyway theres bugger all you can do about it).
    I've done all my breeding ( i hope) but I reckon I'd try a night on the tiles, see if that works!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Buy one .
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Call her George!!

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain
    Dan,
    I'm alway's at fault, thank's

Greg,
    That is not out of the question.

Brad,
    Sue if a girl

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Jason - I have 5 fillies and 1 colt. Like horses you always know where you stand with the fillies. The colt, well he has recently been weaned and is off sightseeing somewhere and if he doesn't email/phone or txt me soon, he will be gelded!

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    he probably at taiaroa checkin out the albatrosses.
    pickin on his own size...!!!!

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    The sire dictates the sex of the foal SC. Further to that, our Vet reckons that the time elapsed between serving the mare and when she actually ovulates has a very big say in the sex of the foal. It has something to do with how fast the respective male and female sperms swim towards their goal, the egg. I can't remember which is the faster of the two, I think it's the male ones? I'll have to ask him. It might be another old wives tale but at the time (last week) when he told me it sounded quite plausible.
    Kind of on a related note, there was a sire in WA, a son of No Nukes by the name of No Fission, and he had a chromosomal abnormality which saw him produce a huge number of filly foals as opposed to colts. Lifetime 129 foals, 13 colts, 116 fillies. Quite a few of his daughters picked up something weird from their old man too as many of them were sterile (XY).

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Very interesting Jamie.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

+ Reply to Thread