Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reid Sanders interview. This should answer more than a few questions

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Reid Sanders interview. This should answer more than a few questions

There's nothing quite like putting it out there in black and white for all to see.
    I reckon this is mandatory viewing, especially for the Peanut Gallery that likes to operate on rumour, inuendo and race track scuttlebut.

http://www.trotstv.com.au/?id=3244

http://www.trotstv.com.au/?id=3245

--------------------------------------------
    Must see viewing on Trots TV

Wednesday15 February 2012

With the high volume of matters in relation toIntegrity in the industry, Trots TV has conducted an exclusive interview withHRNSW Regulatory Manager Reid Sanders.

Sanders elaborates on the recent spate of positiveswabs and the current Police and HRNSW investigation into corruption.

Incumbent HRNSW Chairman Graham Campbell presentsKerry Ann Turner with her silks for the upcoming Australasian DriversChampionship during the Perth Inter Dominion. Campbell also touches base on thecurrent state of the industry and welcomes the Independent Board.

You can view all the recent trainer and driverinterviews along with the regular Mike’s Mail segment.

www.trotstv.com.au– providing a fresh view on harness racing in New South Wales.

To advertise on Trots TV please ring 9722 6600 oremail dwalker@hrnsw.com.au

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Just watched the Reid Sanders interview and I have formed the opinion that NSW Harness racing under Sam Nati's control appears to be the most pro active body in Aust.
    From this the State appears to be the worst in Australia for drugs but infact they are the most determined to stamp it out.
    I would like to know if the other States take the drug testing issue as serious as NSW appears to be doing.
    Given the financial position of most States they may not spend as much as NSW is now spending to weed these grubs out.
    It might be bad press now but keep going Sam lead the way.

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Very good thanks for the link.Harness will only prosper when the cheats are weeded out and honest trainers have an even playing field this seems now to be a step closer.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Sorry Nathan, can't say that. The inferrence in that post was enough. There are better ways to get your point across.

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    Looks like the Peanut Gallery have got it right again with another positive to Boldernone announced today.

Member Gelding The Rainmaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Eric Strong
    That sort interview released to the Harness Racing public is a step in the right direction. Nothing was said there which could impact on the Police investigation with the swabbing and betting scandal nor the recent Boldenone and EPO positives. Maybe less rumour and innuendo would circulate on the current scandal if HRNSW did these sort of interviews from day dot, rather than 6 months later. I can guarantee there wouldn't have been such a release if they didn't read such things as peoples concerns on a forum like this, so it's nice to know they must be listening, and people now might have the perception that these things aren't being swept under the carpet. Things I got out of this interview:

1. Expect another adjournment on Friday in regards to the court case and those charged by NSW Police (Great lets drag this on for another 6+ months).

2. HRNSW's own investigation is on hiatus until the Police investigation is sorted (So we wait another 6+ months until more players are stood down, yet if the Police had any evidence on them they would be in court on Friday with the rest of them, so they continue on competing and earning prizemoney at everyone elses expense for another 6+ months).

3. Reid avoided disclosing there was another positive to Bolderone (Even though publicly Barry Lew has been named today due to Karloo Kix testing positive on the same night as Mach Wiper)

4. Another 5 or 6 weeks til the EPO positive gets confirmed from the UK (So the trainer continues to train like nothing happened)

So as you can see, everything is pending on TIME, and lots of it. Imagine the continued rumour and innuendo if HRNSW didn't make a release, they did themselves a favour to avoid further public scrutiny by doing so. While it is a step in the right direction, unfortunately it's not going to stop anyone baying for blood when they want it now.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Finally after all this time, Reid steps out of the bunker and addresses some of the issues. How co-incidental is the timing of the interview, immediately after the boldenone positive hanging over the entire, Mach Wiper is announced. Seems to me to be damage control in overdrive to muffle the hysterical claims of the outspoken. Better late than never I guess.

Reid does concede the investigation has gone into hiatus with the concurrent investigations of HRNSW and the Police continuing. It confirms the fears voiced by some forum users that the perception that the whole shebang had come to a standstill was in fact true.

Statements like this from Reid should be more frequent. And it would appear that HRNSW are hamstrung at the present time with what can only best be described as a legal and logistical nightmare.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Instigators or Mind Readers?
    Is someone out there listening?
    Or is it just a happy coincidence?
    Here's part of another thread from last Thursday/Friday.

1 Week Ago#54

Triple V Filly
    Real Name Jaimie Varcoe
    Location Sydney, NSW
    Occupation Wizard (retired)
    Posts 89
    Originally Posted by racefair
    Hi Jamie, I've not researched the topic. I've just highlighted what others have inferred in terms of co incidences around arrival times and changes in local trainers success. Thanks for the information. Cheers,

[VVV] G'day Jett. I'd like to see Stewards get on the front foot, I'd like to see them being much more open/upfront/direct about this and other testing procedures/protocols. I think there's a little too much of the Undercover Elephant about it in the sense that the way arrivals and so on have been changed around, to me it kind of feels more like a Policeman jumping out from behind a Bus Shelter with a hand held radar gun. I just don't know why they don't come straight out with it and say that this is what we're doing, this is why and you've all been warned so fall foul of it and be prepared for the consequences. The cloak & dagger stuff just leads to more speculation & rumour. They could stop it all dead in its tracks if maybe they took a slightly different approach.

Banned Colt Old Frank will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Instigators or Mind Readers?
    Is someone out there listening?
    Or is it just a happy coincidence?
    Here's part of another thread from last Thursday/Friday.

1 Week Ago#54

Triple V Filly
    Real Name Jaimie Varcoe
    Location Sydney, NSW
    Occupation Wizard (retired)
    Posts 89
    Originally Posted by racefair
    Hi Jamie, I've not researched the topic. I've just highlighted what others have inferred in terms of co incidences around arrival times and changes in local trainers success. Thanks for the information. Cheers,

[VVV] G'day Jett. I'd like to see Stewards get on the front foot, I'd like to see them being much more open/upfront/direct about this and other testing procedures/protocols. I think there's a little too much of the Undercover Elephant about it in the sense that the way arrivals and so on have been changed around, to me it kind of feels more like a Policeman jumping out from behind a Bus Shelter with a hand held radar gun. I just don't know why they don't come straight out with it and say that this is what we're doing, this is why and you've all been warned so fall foul of it and be prepared for the consequences. The cloak & dagger stuff just leads to more speculation & rumour. They could stop it all dead in its tracks if maybe they took a slightly different approach.

Do arrival times get recorded for each horse?

At the gallops, each horse get's noted on arrival. I know when I was involved with harness stables, you literally just walked in leading a horse like any old Joe off the street so I was wondering if anything had changed?

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Frank View Post
    Do arrival times get recorded for each horse?

At the gallops, each horse get's noted on arrival. I know when I was involved with harness stables, you literally just walked in leading a horse like any old Joe off the street so I was wondering if anything had changed?

[VVV] As far as I know they do Nathan.
    There's nearly always some toothless old shagger who's sitting there with a sheet of names that has a series of numbers on it...and I assume that they're noting the times at which each horse walks into the on course stabling area.
    Whatever they do....it's significantly better than the parade of shambling old hacks that sit in the Members car park at Rosehill. I once had my car stereo summarily stripped from my vehicle, speakers & all, & it was palked less than 50ft from the main gate...and those old sods in the white coats were sitting there all day and they didn't see a thing. No doubt the $50 they were probably slipped bought them a lot of Metho to mix with their Ribena.

Rgds

Jaimie

+ Reply to Thread