Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Linden Huntley-Bulli

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    [VVV] Now and again BPH still wears one of George Wiley's old cardigans. You can't miss it. It's kind of a grey-green colour and it smells like a combination of Camphor & White Ox tobacco. If Brian were to have a good ferret around in the right hand pocket he'll probably find a set of George's false teeth.
    I can just picture that..........I used to remember the green & red diamond patterned jumper.....not sure if it was sleeveless!

Banned Gelding murray green will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    murray green
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    The first horse to catch my attention as a young follower......what a lightning sprint he had.......the others looked like they were nailed to the fence when old Joe took off on him!.........Tudor Royal, just short of top class, but possible my favourite horse, used to back him when he was coming through the grades for Kevin Robinson, the pocket talks heaps, won plenty on him!...........Manaroa, the "ugly duckling" but he could do it all, sprint and stay, and was not a big horse........used to wear a white neck strap, that stood out against his black coat.......loved him!!! Another favourite was Repentant Leisure, trained by Neville Hargreaves, I am always saying that name..........wish I was sitting back in "repentant leisure" now.....I used those words once in a high school essay, my female teacher almost had an orgasm saying how much those words were charismatic and beautiful.......little did she know where I got them from!!!!!
    I watched an interview that David Fowler did with Peter Greig & he said old Joe would stop on the way to the races & put the hopples on the horses to get the length cause they hadn't had the hopples on them ....bit of a character Joe was , I think Rocket was his best horse & he sure was a fast 2yo. Repentant Leisure what a top name. Had a look at her maternal line before & after her (if thats how it works) & some good horses in there , Baltic Eagle , Alta Serena , Pompallier , Can Return Fire & a very good 3yo in WA Gracias Para Nada .

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    I saw the Peter Greig interview to, how honest was he....he talked about betting plunges, getting a quid out of a race.......other drivers and horses.....he said you need to be a "punting stable".

Yes, that name has never left my mind..........can't remember that much about other than it came from NZ and Neville Hargreaves was the trainer.
    some of my other favourite horses were "Tiny Rebel" for Vince Munday......I don't think there was ever a faster stand start beginner than Tiny, it could lead off 20 metres before they hit the first turn!

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    The first horse to really grab me was a NZ bred colt by Armbro Hurricane named Wilton Royale. He was wicked fast & from what I can remember of him, such a classy horse. That would have been back in the mid/late 1970's. Years later that same immediate family/damline was responsible for producing Peter Rixon's outstanding horse, Divisive. Though they were foaled some 30+ years apart, I always thought both horses has a lot in common.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Out of Princess Grace who also left grand stayer VANADIUM. trained by Ces Devine and Later Jack Smolenski...

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    The first horse to catch my attention as a young follower......what a lightning sprint he had.......the others looked like they were nailed to the fence when old Joe took off on him!.........Tudor Royal, just short of top class, but possible my favourite horse, used to back him when he was coming through the grades for Kevin Robinson, the pocket talks heaps, won plenty on him!...........Manaroa, the "ugly duckling" but he could do it all, sprint and stay, and was not a big horse........used to wear a white neck strap, that stood out against his black coat.......loved him!!! Another favourite was Repentant Leisure, trained by Neville Hargreaves, I am always saying that name..........wish I was sitting back in "repentant leisure" now.....I used those words once in a high school essay, my female teacher almost had an orgasm saying how much those words were charismatic and beautiful.......little did she know where I got them from!!!!!
    The name Repentant Leisure was obviously a clever flow on from the dam's name which I recall was Marion Haste.

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post
    The name Repentant Leisure was obviously a clever flow on from the dam's name which I recall was Marion Haste.
    That was clever! N Hargreaves had lots of good horses back in the 70-80's.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    [QUOTE=The Form Student;18034]I saw the Peter Greig interview to, how honest was he....he talked about betting plunges, getting a quid out of a race.......other drivers and horses.....he said you need to be a "punting stable".

Yes, that name has never left my mind..........can't remember that much about other than it came from NZ and Neville Hargreaves was the trainer.

Are you talking about "the Ugly Duckling" MANAROA. He was part of a trio of GC horses trained here by owner Colin McLaughlin. Others being Manawaru and Royal Ascot. Colin left Manaroa with Nev Hargreaves after the Brisbane ID's 1972 or thereabouts. He was called the ugly duckling because of his real ugly mug and rats tail.
    But he was one of our very best in a truly vintage crop when real top horses were just that.

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    teecee, no a horse named Repentant Leisure that Neville had also...........Manaroa, a fantastic horse........never say die.......what's cookin on the barbie tonight???????

Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    teecee, no a horse named Repentant Leisure that Neville had also...........Manaroa, a fantastic horse........never say die.......what's cookin on the barbie tonight???????
    Sorry struggling to track all the tangents of the conversation.
    Lambs tails...wool on...U tried this delicacy..???? bootiful..

+ Reply to Thread