Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Should drivers be allowed to bet on horses.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    I had money on the bookmaker's and their was only $1 each way put on the tote and the bloke who had the $1 had it on because his cousin is my daughter in law and she was in the horse with us . And no i am not a big punter i can stop a freight train.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by M.John View Post
    safe to say brad hewitt didnt have anything on screamin seamen ... dearyyyy me, shocker
    Realise you meant Blake Hewitt. He could have jumped on the back of Rollon Gidget down the back, but elected to stay in, fair enough because Circumstantial was travelling strong and was going to bring him into the race nicely. They go 2 more yards and Circumstantial spits the bit, gonesky. Blake had no option but get dragged back and we saw the result go to the stablemate. I think you are marking hard if you think its suss.

Because the same thing happened to Anthony Butt on Raglan, when he takes the sit behind the right horse to trail (Mr Feelgood). Was there anyone in Australia that night who thought MFG would puncture the way he did. Mate, thats racing. Heres the thing that gives me the irrates though...Stewards ping Lauren for 28 days for allegedly not taking a run that (apparently) presents itself. If they are going to be consistent, then Blakes drive should be probed further for not getting out wide earlier when Rollon Gidget is beginning to weaken. It would have just been a dumb, dumb move and the stewards would have got into him for incompentancy. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Oh and by the way, yeah, safe to say he didn't have anything in Screamin Seamen. God I love that horses name, makes me want to put on a raincoat.

Member Gelding doncht will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Don Chet
    My answer to this is still a no. It would just complicate things I think.

Member Gelding doncht will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Don Chet
    No no and no. If this is made, there will always be fixed matches.

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Of course drivers should be allowed to bet on their own drives, I would even go so far as to make it public information that such and such has bet x amount to win or each way on their drive in the next.

Even now, a driver can give his partner, or a friend, even the trainer of the horse, money to place on it and no one would be the wiser.
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

+ Reply to Thread