Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Should drivers be allowed to bet on horses.

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell

Should drivers be allowed to bet on horses.

Seems to me a s we are getting more professinal that maybe thought shoud be given to banning registered drivers from punting like there counterparts Jockeys.
    Yes i realise a lot are not pros but also quite a lot of bush jockeys arent as well but still cant be seen placing a bet.
    is this one way to wipe out the corruption thats seems now days to be common place in sport.

I had a young driver argue with me how great betfair is can lay a horse to lose a race.

I know this seems radical but something has to be done or Harness will just fade away to nothing.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Passing a new law will not stop drivers betting anymore than the laws are stopping jockeys betting.

Banned Filly little fish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Username deleted
    This is a no brainer for me if you want to be a driver you cant bet its that simple.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    It should be compulsory they bet. Only in their races and on their own drive.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    I reckon when connections advise of a change in driving tactics, they should also advise if they are going support the animal in the betting ring.

Banned Foal hilly will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ryan Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by 2minuteman View Post
    Passing a new law will not stop drivers betting anymore than the laws are stopping jockeys betting.
    True it has not worked on the races so why would it work in harness racing

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    [QUOTE=Gtrain;17362]It should be compulsory they bet. Only in their races and on their own drive.[/QI agree

I agree, every driver should have to put say $50, on there horse, that way we will akk get a run for our money! You watch races change then!!!!!

Real Name
    brian campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly View Post
    True it has not worked on the races so why would it work in harness racing
    Maybe the only publicity we get is when something goes wrong, but the sport to general punter is known as Red hots Cheating chariots or Thiefs on wheels.The image has got to change.I know Gallops are also corrupt but nowhere as much publicity as Harness.

Real Name
    brian campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by 2minuteman View Post
    Ask Robil about that also Shinn both suspended for long periods because of betting.

Banned Weanling Zyuganov Leis will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Stewart
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post

Seems to me a s we are getting more professinal that maybe thought shoud be given to banning registered drivers from punting like there counterparts Jockeys.

Yes i realise a lot are not pros but also quite a lot of bush jockeys arent as well but still cant be seen placing a bet. is this one way to wipe out the corruption thats seems now days to be common place in sport.

I had a young driver argue with me how great betfair is can lay a horse to lose a race.

I know this seems radical but something has to be done or Harness will just fade away to nothing.
    From my understanding, drivers ARE NOT permitted to bet. Your young driver is an idiot for talking out loud.

As awful as it sounds, it doesn't matter if there was a rule against them betting, all drivers would (and do), and if you think jockeys don't, your dreaming. ALL jockeys bet and some in very large demoninations.

+ Reply to Thread