Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Should drivers be allowed to bet on horses.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    Guys i realise this is not going to happen.My point though sport does have to take some drastic measure or as i said in original post will just wither and die.

Would hate to say how many joe punters have mentioned to me how come Smoken up is in the interdom this year when tested positive last year.My only answer is Justice has appealed the positive but to be stil going on after 12 months is a joke.

They must think the horse should get barred from racing altogether do they ?
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    No but one who does follow sport a bit said hasnt been stood down at all and DID have a positive i know he has appealed and appealed and i think now of to the courts, same guy pointed out Raglan has a positive and enquiry pending but is going around to.

To put these worries to rest would have been quite easy really just announce that all runners would be pre race swabbed and post race swabbed and let the nation know about it..The last thing we want or need is another repeat of last year.

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    I'm pretty sure a driver isn't allowed in the betting area until all his engagement's have been fulfilled on the night .
    We set a horse up for a win she paid 200+ for the win on the tote and 10's with the bookies the driver did all the fast work prior to the race and when asked why he didn't have a bet on her or his family his reply was
    "we didn't want to shorten your price on her " I was disappointed he didn't have some on. This is a driver you can trust it's a pity their aren't more out there like it .

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Yes but why do they think the horse should be penalised ? They didn't sting themselves .

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Yes but why do they think the horse should be penalised ? They didn't sting themselves .
    The positve Luke has got he is still training but horse is stood down answer your question.

Member Gelding Itisi will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mick Tobias
    Quote Originally Posted by M.John View Post
    safe to say brad hewitt didnt have anything on screamin seamen ... dearyyyy me, shocker
    The stable mate winner did shorten on the tote. Terrible drive on favorite.

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    After the Raglin positive any horse that is stood down after a positive should be cleared to race once it has a clear test. I always thought the stand down thing was to make shore the trainer turns up to the enquiry.

Member Gelding Itisi will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mick Tobias
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    I'm pretty sure a driver isn't allowed in the betting area until all his engagement's have been fulfilled on the night .
    We set a horse up for a win she paid 200+ for the win on the tote and 10's with the bookies the driver did all the fast work prior to the race and when asked why he didn't have a bet on her or his family his reply was
    "we didn't want to shorten your price on her " I was disappointed he didn't have some on. This is a driver you can trust it's a pity their aren't more out there like it .
    You must be only small punters yourselves like .50 each way if it payed 200+ on tote

Senior Member Colt Mark Croatto will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mark croatto
    safe to say brad hewitt didnt have anything on screamin seamen ... dearyyyy me, shocker
    Geeze, you could make the effort to actually get your facts right. Blake Hewitt drove that horse, not Brad!!!!!!

Regards

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    G'day Michael, Haven't seen a race tonight, only just got home from work, so will have a look tomorrow.

Just watched Major Post win paying over $5.00...how was he such a good price?

+ Reply to Thread