Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Auckland Reactor - Redemption

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Admin
    Would like to know if they were happy with A.R today, could you possibly find out and post it for us.

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    I spoke to John Curtin (Syndicate Manager and part owner) today and he was very happy with how AR ran, especially the last half. First impressions look good but he did say he hadn't spoken to Mark yet. I'll remind him of this thread and you might be able to get it direct as I'm a little weary of misquoting him.

The story's up on Harnesslink with a couple of quotes from Mark here http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=86851
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

Super Moderator Weanling John Curtin will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Admin
    Would like to know if they were happy with A.R today, could you possibly find out and post it for us.
    Mango we are all very happy with Auckland Reactor's first run back. Mark Purdon was very pleased in fact he was suprised at how well the horse went first time out for seven months. The early indications are that the horse has recovered well from his trip to the US. We will know more after next weeks run and his first race the following week.
    Talk about the hype Auckland Reactor has and even some people I see are blaming the owners for the hype that this horse has.
    It has nothing to do with the owners its the horse himself that creates the hype.
    Mark Purdon told me that while he was having his dinner after the trials with some staff and friends he switched his phone off for an hour to get some piece while eating. When he switched his phone back on (An hour later) he had had 17 calls and guess what each and every call was from the media from television to radio to newspapers.
    Auckland Reactor creates the hype and that is the way it is with this horse. Every time he steps onto a track everybody wants to be part of it. Thats racing when you have a great horse.
    I will keep you all informed of his real progress if you want me too as it happens.
    Also the new Auckland Reactor site will be up and running soon so watch this for more news.
    Here is what Mark Purdon says on his own site... Auckland Reactor explodes
    AUCKLAND REACTOR ran his las 800m in 53.9 and 400m in 26 to come from last to win his comeback heat at the Ashburton trials yesterday. Settled last as expected and improving wide from the 600m, the Rolleston Rocket was only urged at all in the last 100m and got up by a neck. The official sectionals were 55.8n and 27 off the front with an overall time of 3:04.9. Mark Purdon, pleased with the run which went much as he had predicted will now take the champ to Motukarara next week for a further test before he resumes racing on February 12, Mark got him a faster quarter than the unofficial clockers. "I made him run home in 25.5''

Member Filly BenScadden will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    Unfortunately, I think the US disaster has damaged AR's reputation significantly, perhaps beyond repair.

Lots of people will tend to remember his failures (few as they may be), rather than his successes ... it seems to be human nature.

I'm hoping he steps up at Interdom time.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Mango, Admin, John & Ben,
    I hope he finds his old form and shows everyone how good he can be.
    The hype was coming straight out of harnesslink. It's not that I think it was wrong
    to push a future sire prospect, it's just unlucky that he raced the way he did.

Junior Member Weanling Iraklis will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rae Tupaea
    Geez it was bloody great to see that trial, he cruzed it ( mmmmm good name for a horse), he'll find his old form cos it never left him! he was dealing with other probs and now they're sorted! bloody awesome to see him back onwards and upwards, and come on Mark P get those stand start manners sorted (I dunno Mark, bribe him with a crate of DB 'cos he deserves it' or something, perhaps not just yet after all he is in trainin and stuff) and then the knockers and such will be reminded of why the 'hype' surrounds AR all time! I say if AR was runnin hampered by a breathin prob and he did an awesome job then, he was only ever partially tapped! what the hell is he likely to do now! ROLL ON THE INTERS! look out record books in general, I can't wait!!!!!!! oh yeah and Mark P, LET HIM RIP MATE, LET HIM RIP!!!!!!

Cheers Iraklis

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Two or three years ago I was lucky enough to watch AR when he was only begining his career. The first time being when he won at Forbury and then again when he won at Ascot. By the time he won at Ascot he must have won his first 7-8 races, so there was a heap of interest in him. I had my friends 11 year old daughter with me and she wanted to see AR. Up the stables we wandered and with no effort whatsoever Mark Purdon and his team let us pat and rub AR. Photos were taken and a little girls day was made. All the while AR remained half asleep and completely laid back. From that day on AR has been and will remain one of my all time favourite horses. As for the the girl....she joined Kids Kartz and now at 14 she is enrolling in a cadet scheme, eventually wanting to become a driver/trainer. Go Auckland Reactor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I hope A.R can get back to his old form and if not better, horses like him are great for the racing industry and i would love to watch him race whilst i'm over at the inters. Stunin Cullen had a few average races about a year ago and then they found out he had a breathing problem and had him operated on and he has come back flying so i just hope the same can be said for A.R in the long run.

Hi Justdoit
    You are right i think this time they should just let the horse do the talking on the track and let him make his own hype without pushing him as a stallion prospect, if A.R can come back as good or if not better he will do his own advertising for stud duties later on.

Hi Don
    Thats great to hear you took your friends daughter to see the Reactor and now she is getting involved in the industry, thats what good horses can do get people interested. Question for you Don a few years ago when i was down in Christchurch i went out to Mark's set up and i thought it was great but since then he has moved to a bigger and better one if you know anything about his old set up compared to his new one i would love to know.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Mango - I have never been to Marks training establishment but have driven past it and it looks amazing. I know people who have been there and they say its state of the art. Marks website doesn't really pay it justice with not a lot of photos.
    You're right about getting people into the industry. I started basically the same way. My dad took me to the night trots and from that moment on I been hooked.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Admin
    Any chance you can get John Curtin to somehow get photo's of Mark Purdon's training complex and post it on here for everyone to have a look. And it's great to see Stunin Cullen racing the way he is i just hope the operation he had has the same result on the Reactor (fingers crossed).

+ Reply to Thread