Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Auckland Reactor - Redemption

Member Filly Allan will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Allan Schott

Auckland Reactor - Redemption

Anyone know how Auckland Reactor is doing since he has returned down under? It goes without saying that his trip to North America was an unmitigated disaster.

Do those down under think the Reactor can rehabilitate his reputation or has his reputation been tarnished forever?
    Interested in Harness Racing? Read View From the Racetrack Grandstand

nat
    Its hard to say his rep was draged through the mud so much so that a story and comments on the harnesslink site were removed. I like the horse lets just face it he had a horror trip it could and dose happen to many horses I think it went on to long if his stud career dosnt take off they should send him to Australia and to an elite trainer, till he proves himself again his progeny will have this rep over their heads

Member Filly Allan will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Allan Schott
    Personally, I think they should have kept the Reactor in America and have him come back during the Winter Series at the Meadowlands when heat would not have been an issue and let him beat up on the top winter horses. Then when summer came, he should have been acclimated and able to compete against the top horses. Instead, he has a reputation like San Simeon did when he came to America (from Australia).
    Last edited by Allan; 10-21-2010 at 01:45 AM.
    Interested in Harness Racing? Read View From the Racetrack Grandstand

Member Filly BenScadden will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    I agree they should have kept AR in the US. He's a very high-quality animal but was never given a real chance to acclimatise. I guess when you're trying to repay such a substantial outlay for the horse, it's easy to become desperate.

Junior Member Yearling Southern Man will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Auckland Reactor is in Christchurch at the Stallion Station. Before he left America he had the same throat operation that Stunnin Cullin had in Aussie and by all accounts it was sucessful. From what I have been told he will be back in work early November with the aim to have him at the Inters next year. Would make for a great inters if a fit and healthy Auckland Reactor turned up

Member Filly eljay will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lloyd Jury
    Occupation
    Retired
    In the meantime he stands at stud for $5000 plus GST.

Junior Member Weanling HRNZ Enthusiast will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Trent Yesberg
    From what I was told by a reliable source was that the training regime which was set upon him was unachievable as he was ask to work 7-10 seconds faster ever time he hit the trainihg track. A road destined for failure. Also the intensity of training was completely different to which he experienced at Mark Purdons. I believe a combination of these as well as the differences in climate resulted in his performances as well as the different racing styles. I believe with the new wind operation and Mark Purdon as his trainer he will return to his prime and win next years inter dominions.

Form is temporary and class permanent.

nat
    Its a shame what’s happened to this horse it almost has that Franco Ice feel about it enormous gifted talent and all that is seen is dollar signs not what’s best for the horse. I believe he was and is capable of a 1:47 time of what I’ve seen lesser lights go to the US and go in the 49's and 48's He should be racing now somewhere

I don’t know what numbers he's getting at stud but to me he's a $2,500 max sometimes its better to get a lot of little than less of alot. just look at Safari 223 mares at a fee $1,925

Junior Member Weanling Pinot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Process Controller,NZAS
    I suppose in the end the hype just got a bit in front of the horses ability,rather than wait on him he was pushed far to hard to early in my opinion. Not doubting his ability,but i don't think he needed to go to Aussie and take on the big boys over there would have been better off at home furnishing into a better stronger horse.

Member Yearling Shannon will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Shannon Lee
    I agree nat. Alot of new sire's have silly money on them.

+ Reply to Thread