Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Auckland Reactor - Redemption

Member Filly Allan will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Allan Schott

Back in Training?

There is a rumor that Auckland Reactor has been pulled from breeding and is back in training for the races; allegedly not enough demand for him as a stallion. Is there any truth to this?
    Interested in Harness Racing? Read View From the Racetrack Grandstand

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Allan

I've heard the same rumour that Auckland Reactor has been pulled from stud duties due to the lack of numbers he is recieving and as far as i know he has been in work whilst doing stud duties. I'm a Reactor fan and i thought like Nat that he was a 47 horse in the states i think he was rushed when he should of been given time to settle in, i also think he went over there a year to early i think he should of raced in the open ranks here a bit more. But in saying all this i do hope the Reactor can come back to the track as good as ever and if so it could be one great Inter in Christchurch next year.

Member Yearling Thomas Johnson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Retired
    I heard from one of the owners here that they were selling some shares in the horse and that some shareholders only want to breed and some only want to race. According to this owner I was speaking to the intention was not to race and that is why they are selling there shares. They only wanted to breed. The down under shareholders have no intention of breeding and are fighting the northern owners for ownership.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Thomas

At the present time Auckland Reactor is not getting the mare's they had hoped for, so i think the best thing for A.R is to race and if he can get back to his best with Mark Purdon and Greg Payne he can give the Inter a shake next year and the good thing about the Inter is that A.R won't have to travel as it's in Christchurch. I do believe if he comes back as good as ever and wins a couple of big one's he'll then have no trouble attracting mare's but at the moment he is struggling. And to be honest $5000 for him is a bit to much to me he is a $3500 max and the other thing that probably isn't helping him get numbers is that he's not available in Australia.

nat
    I feel sorry for the AR I have a good opinion of the horse he had a year from hell all not his fault, it's starting to get that Franco Ice feel about it extreamly good horse and poor managment if he dosent race and redem him self he's worth nothing at stud I think Mango you are being a bit generouse at $3500

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Your probably right Nat about been generous at $3500 but i hope he can come back and prove people wrong and show how good he is and he won't get a better opportunity than the Inter in Christchurch. It will be interesting to see what happens and if the owners in the states don't want him to race well there got know chance of getting there money back through service fee's unless he does race and gets sum runs on the board then off to stud on the right note.

Member Filly eljay will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lloyd Jury
    Occupation
    Retired
    Thought by now H'link management would have given us some feed back.

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    Quote Originally Posted by eljay View Post
    Thought by now H'link management would have given us some feed back.
    I'll check with the higher ups and let you guys know.
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

Junior Member Yearling kilcoyne will become famous soon enough kilcoyne's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter Cahill
    Occupation
    stablehand/
    Horses
    Diamond Supreme(Art Official x Covered S
    The story I got from the stud was that the new owners only wanted him to race and they weren't interested in a stud career. My mare was due to be served by him 24 hours after he was pulled. He had not been doing any work while at SS and was in fact getting well feed and piling on the weight. The soft palate op he had would require an 6-8 week break to recover then a gradual work up to get the weight off before any real hard work so cant see much chance of an interdom win at chch, maybe Perth in 2012 would be a better bet.
    Cant see that the stud fee has much bearing on the supposed lack of support from breeders. Changeover stands at the same price and he had a full book within weeks of going to stud and his record is no better that AR's.
    Anyway I'm pleased with the replacement stallion I got and now waiting eagerly for the test results to come back

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Kilcoyn
    When you talk about new owners has he been purchased by some new people lately. The breeders support for Changeover compared to Auckland Reactor would be due to a few reasons, Changeover is available in Australia A.R is not, Changeover come over here and beat the best A.R did not, i'm a A.R fan and the only way i see him making it at stud would be for him to race again and hopefully get back to his best and also come over here and prove some people wrong. Now if he was to do that and then also be available to Australian breeders well maybe he's book will fill like Changeover but untill that happens his book will never fill and it will take along time if ever to get there purchase price back.

+ Reply to Thread