+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whip Abuse

Member Filly tyson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tyson Jones
    Horses
    Scrap Art, Shezarascal, Franco Torro

Whip Abuse

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed how Lance Justice is consistently abusing the new whip rules. Miracle mile was a disgrace and the last couple of meters in the SA cup. Clearly a fine is slap on the wrists for him. What happen to the talks of protests and losing his position ????????

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Actually Tyson, Lance was an "ambassador" to use a word, or a "go between" from memory when the whip rules were being drawn up.
    You will notice he pretty much sticks to the rules by using the "flicking" motion and not the full arm, overhead smash like yesteryear.
    Mind you he gets in a whole lot of "flicks" but i believe the rules say in the last 200m drivers have free reign (pardon the pun) to flick away in the last furlong.

Member Filly tyson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tyson Jones
    Horses
    Scrap Art, Shezarascal, Franco Torro
    If Lance is a as you say Ambassador for the whip rules. Why did he get a fine for Unacceptable whip use ? I will have a look at most of the races he has driven in since the new rules came in and see how many times he has been fined. Imagine how good smoken up could be if he had a driver/trainer who gave the horse every opportunity. Should send him to Luke in queensland...

Member Filly peacheymagic will become famous soon enough peacheymagic's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    I don't think any trainer would make Smoken Up a better horse than Lance Justice, Smoken Up responds to Lance's whipping and aggressive driving. However their are many horses who do not respond to the whip and would be improved by a different trainer. I think it is up to the owners to send their horses to a trainer which will suit their horse and help it reach its maximum potential.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by tyson View Post
    If Lance is a as you say Ambassador for the whip rules. Why did he get a fine for Unacceptable whip use ? I will have a look at most of the races he has driven in since the new rules came in and see how many times he has been fined. Imagine how good smoken up could be if he had a driver/trainer who gave the horse every opportunity. Should send him to Luke in queensland...
    Without watching the replay, if it goes even 1cm past your line of sight you will get fined, no matter how light you are flicking them (or even if you aren't hitting them at all and are hitting the shaft!). And you got to be kidding me about the horse being sent to anywhere else. The horse sat outside Blacks A Fake and beat him in a Miracle Mile. Just exactley how much better can he possibly get? Luke is a an extremely talented trainer and extremely talented driver. Under his tutelage Mr Feelgood has been revived however that does not mean that every horse he gets will show the same sort of improvement. And that is not just for Luke that is for any trainer. Horses for courses mate! Smoken Up is in career best form and you are suggesting him to be moved?? Where is the logic to that?

+ Reply to Thread