Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr Feelgood

Banned Gelding murray green will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    murray green
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Parker View Post
    I thought Cromac Johnny had him. If it was the Mr Feelgood on night 1 and possibly night 2 he would have. It was put on a platter for both of them but Mr Feelgood manhandled Cromac Johnny. The latter is underrated. I was impressed.
    Cromac went great considering the difference between them . Feelgoods what a M lots & won $3,300,000.00 . Cromac about M 5-6-7 & won $190,00.00 .

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Speaking of Cromac...has there ever been a sire the Southern Hemisphere who's first couple of crops were so disliked (and especially so by the Kiwis) who has turned it around and fought back...seemingly from the edge of oblivion....and done so more spectacularly than has Courage Under Fire? After his opening efforts many people, and I'm ashamed to say including myself, thought he was dead in the water. Now go have look at his body of work.

It's a bigger comeback than Lazarus.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    You were not alone in your rubbishing of Courage Under Fire in his initial two seasons at stud. A careful investigative search on Google will take you to many posts and news items back then that I am certain all who posted these diatribes against CUF's stud prospects would like to just go away.

It is similar to the reception that Lohnro ( last season's leading sire) first received when he went to stud. Several currently so-called "respected" racing writers and commentators made some now very embarrassing comments about Lohnro , saying he was an absolute certainly to fail at stud.

Being a solid CUF fan since his 2YO days , I was just hoping he would eventually stick it up all his detractors when he went to stud. Every time another brilliant CUF colt or filly is produced it gives me a very warm feeling. CUF - A legendary pacer and , if it were possible , has become an even bigger legend at stud.

Where are all those who said "too small to have any sort of success at stud".

BTW, I know that Lombo Pocket Watch is performing below his best in Perth , but I have seen similar comments over the last year or so about his future stud prospects as were made about CUF.

Several of his early unraced progeny are absolutely flying behind the scenes. Whenever you see any of his early progeny , don't dismiss.
    Last edited by David Summers; 02-25-2012 at 05:50 PM.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by David Summers View Post
    You were not alone in your rubbishing of Courage Under Fire in his initial two seasons at stud. A careful investigative search on Google will take you to many posts and news items back then that I am certain all who posted these diatribes against CUF's stud prospects would like to just go away.

It is similar to the reception that Lohnro ( last season's leading sire) first received when he went to stud. Several currently so-called "respected" racing writers and commentators made some now very embarrassing comments about Lohnro , saying he was an absolute certainly to fail at stud.

Being a solid CUF fan since his 2YO days , I was just hoping he would eventually stick it up all his detractors when he went to stud. Every time another brilliant CUF colt or filly is produced it gives me a very warm feeling. CUF - A legendary pacer and , if it were possible , has become an even bigger legend at stud.

Where are all those who said "too small to have any sort of success at stud".

BTW, I know that Lombo Pocket Watch is performing below his best in Perth , but I have seen similar comments over the last year or so about his future stud prospects as were made about CUF.

Several of his early unraced progeny are absolutely flying behind the scenes. Whenever you see any of his early progeny , don't dismiss.
    Interesting re Lohnro. I actually remember everybody being positive about him being retired to stud, being the best son of Octagonal - a line that included two of NZs best ever sires Zabeel and Sir Tristram.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    It's true Brendan. Comments about Lohnro when he started at stud were 50/50 in what he would do. You are lucky to have read mostly the positive ones. The negative ones , in part , brought out the old line "champion racehorses do not necessary mean they will be a success at stud".
    Tell that to Redoute's Choice!

A few dismissed Lohnro completely.

OK, getting off topic here, it's about Mr. Feelgood. Very impressed with his improvement and courage shown last night.

Means nothing , but for what it's worth , my selections for the ID final are:

1. ITMQ
    2. Auckland Reactor
    3. Mr. Feelgood
    4. Smoken Up.

Selections 2 and 3 are ruled by my heart , not really by my head , but just hoping anyway :-)
    Last edited by David Summers; 02-25-2012 at 06:35 PM.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by David Summers View Post
    It's true Brendan. Comments about Lohnro when he started at stud were 50/50 in what he would do. You are lucky to have read mostly the positive ones. The negative ones , in part , brought out the old line "champion racehorses do not necessary mean they will be a success at stud". A few completely dismissed him completely.

Tell that to Redoute's Choice!

OK, getting off topic here, it's about Mr. Feelgood. Very impressed with his improvement and courage shown last night.

Means nothing , but for what it's worth , my selections for the ID final are:

1. ITMQ
    2. Auckland Reactor
    3. Mr. Feelgood
    4. Smoken Up.

Selections 2 and 3 are ruled by my heart , not really by my head , but just hoping anyway :-)
    I could only hope those writers aren't writing anymore, or aren't commenting on breeding.

I think that will be a pretty popular first four, not necesarily in that order. Although I'm not a fan of the Reactor myself.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    [QUOTE=tyson;18146]It will be a great final.... I hope ITMQ draws the front

Fact....I can guarantee it.
    Anybody want to bet against me.........HE WILL...!!!!!!

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Speaking of Cromac...has there ever been a sire the Southern Hemisphere who's first couple of crops were so disliked (and especially so by the Kiwis) who has turned it around and fought back...seemingly from the edge of oblivion....and done so more spectacularly than has Courage Under Fire? After his opening efforts many people, and I'm ashamed to say including myself, thought he was dead in the water. Now go have look at his body of work.

It's a bigger comeback than Lazarus.
    What is it exactly you are trying to say here. Courage served in his first 4 seasons at stud in NZ...
    201, 163, 252, and 312 mares.
    Our mare is included in years 1, 2, and 4.
    His biggest problem was that so many expected that he would produce precocious horses like himself. He never really did.
    Now his biggest problem is his fertility.
    He was once timed at 26secs. from entry to the serving barn to exit in between unloading a fortnight's normal supply of sperm. He was one of the most fertile stallions to stand at NRS.
    Nowadays his book is closed mid season, not because he is oversubscribed but because he can't produce.!!!!

Member Filly tyson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tyson Jones
    Horses
    Scrap Art, Shezarascal, Franco Torro
    We have, well had Franco Torro which is from the family of Cromac Johnny. Wish we waited 2 years and got the later

aussiebreno
    [QUOTE=teecee;18176]
    Quote Originally Posted by tyson View Post
    It will be a great final.... I hope ITMQ draws the front

Fact....I can guarantee it.
    Anybody want to bet against me.........HE WILL...!!!!!!
    Lol

+ Reply to Thread